Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Forgot about this!

Thought I'd update it!

ED Fairmont 1993 - Ghia Mock

Powerplant/Driveline
FG NA Engine, Pac HD valve springs, Billet oil pump gears, Head studs.
Bosch 650cc Injectors, Walbro 255 Pump, BA Turbo Manifold GT3582 with billet 11 blade wheel, FG Turbo Intake manifold. 3" Cooler piping with a custom made bar and plate 520x300x115 Cooler. BA XR8 pod type airbox, 4" Dump pipe and cat into Twin 2.5" Manta Exhaust, SY Territory BTR with small body 3500 Stall converter. Rebuilt 3.45 LSD. Running 18psi on 98 Estimated 500rwhp (Road tuned by me)
Also removed the fuse wire setup for an EF/EL main fusible link setup, much neater! Ea Expansion tank.

Suspension
EL Sway Bars, EL K-Frame and EL Diff, AU Diff hat, AU Front upper arms, XR Height front standard height rear Super pro bushes through the whole rear end Super pro front sway bar Bushes and D Rubbers Everything else in the front replaced with Mackay Rubber. DBA Rotors EBC Ultimax pads, Braided brake lines, XR Double Diaphram booster. Stops much better than standard.

Exterior
Restored ED Ghia wheels, Exterior ED Ghia spec. Dark tint. No other external changes.

Interior
Fairlane Digital Dash with boost guage integrated into the original door display.
Power button controls low/high boost 7psi or 18psi
Antenna button activates trans brake function which with the foot brake puts the transmission in 2nd gear allowing for as much boost as requested for launch, release brake and instantly drops into first! Have done 1.7 60 ft with this setup on kenda road tyres!
Aftermarket wood grain radio and shifter surround.
LTD Carpet kick panels.
Pioneer bluetooth headunit with Kenwood front speakers, Clarion rear, Kenwood parcel shelf subwoofer, Stock tweeters, Rear sub and speakers running EL Ghia premium sound Alpine Amplifier.

Plans
Rebuild a tough BTR when this one fails. Holding up well though at around 500rwhp for the last nearly 30,000ks.
Need to hit the 1/4 but it's rained out the last two sessions. Previously ran 11.6 at 118mph but have since added nearly 100hp. Will be interesting!

ED Fairmont, Ghia mock DOHC-T 11.6 @ 118 Trying to get back to the 1/4!

Last edited by edfairmont4.0 on Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: ED Fairmont 3rd Barra E series
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Sweet,the barra looks quite at home,barra conversions definitly the best bang for buck IMO,cheers,Johnny.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

I remember reading about your older conversions and the success that was had with them so this will no doubt be even better, nice work so far!

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:58 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB Fairmont

NSW, Australia

pissing myself about this, im not the only one with a dash mat hahahaha nice work mate, looks kinda familiar :/ except for the engine of course. should have gone that route myself but couldn't bring myself to get rid of the SOHC.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Sweet,the barra looks quite at home,barra conversions definitly the best bang for buck IMO,cheers,Johnny.

Thanks man, Yeah they look better in E series I rekon :P They look huge in them because they just fit lol. Bang for buck yeah definitely and perfect driveability with being stock cams, While having heaps of power N/A and unopened.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Lukeee wrote:
I remember reading about your older conversions and the success that was had with them so this will no doubt be even better, nice work so far!

Thanks mate, Yeah i've learnt a few tricks along the way I rekon they have gotten better each conversion. I rekon the biggest improvement is the FG intake manifold. Changes the engine above 4000. Gains 80rwhp from 4000-5000. I've always regretted selling my EB Ghia barra in 2009 this car is never being sold. Im getting older and it has sentimental value lol not alot of boxcars on the road anymore either.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

GQuick wrote:
pissing myself about this, im not the only one with a dash mat hahahaha nice work mate, looks kinda familiar :/ except for the engine of course. should have gone that route myself but couldn't bring myself to get rid of the SOHC.

Lol, Yeah it completes the grandpa look! Plus the dash has no cracks and I want to keep it that way i'd cry if it cracked lol.

The sohc is still a great engine ive done quite a few of them lol get great power tickled right.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Yeah I'm trying the grandpa look, would go back to hubcaps if I didn't love ftrs so much lol

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

edfairmont4.0 wrote:
Lukeee wrote:

Thanks mate, Yeah i've learnt a few tricks along the way I rekon they have gotten better each conversion. I rekon the biggest improvement is the FG intake manifold. Changes the engine above 4000. Gains 80rwhp from 4000-5000. I've always regretted selling my EB Ghia barra in 2009 this car is never being sold. Im getting older and it has sentimental value lol not alot of boxcars on the road anymore either.

Yeah mate I enjoyed the read back in the day on boosted of your black box car, from memory that was one of the first conversions done at home if not one of the first ones of its kind?

I have read about a lot of the N/A B-series guys converting to an fg manifold and getting some big gains up top, its crazy!

Thats like mine currently, it has too much sentimental value but it needs a lot of TLC however it isn't worth spending the money on it at the moment :cry: It'll probably be stored until I have some spare funds to throw at it and get it back to its prime as you're right, you hardly see any decent boxcars around anymore!

You'd get very little money back for what you've spent on it + if you ever want another one some day it'll be hard pressed finding another clean one so theres no point selling it, keep at it I'm looking forward to more updates :D

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

GQuick wrote:
Yeah I'm trying the grandpa look, would go back to hubcaps if I didn't love ftrs so much lol

Hahahah I just love the original look, which is pretty much grandpa spec lol, I have an unhealthy love for the Turbo Blade wheels :P

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Lukeee wrote:
edfairmont4.0 wrote:
Lukeee wrote:

Yeah mate I enjoyed the read back in the day on boosted of your black box car, from memory that was one of the first conversions done at home if not one of the first ones of its kind?

I have read about a lot of the N/A B-series guys converting to an fg manifold and getting some big gains up top, its crazy!

Thats like mine currently, it has too much sentimental value but it needs a lot of TLC however it isn't worth spending the money on it at the moment :cry: It'll probably be stored until I have some spare funds to throw at it and get it back to its prime as you're right, you hardly see any decent boxcars around anymore!

You'd get very little money back for what you've spent on it + if you ever want another one some day it'll be hard pressed finding another clean one so theres no point selling it, keep at it I'm looking forward to more updates :D

Wow you remember that's along time ago :P Yeah man the only other one I knew of at the time was JetXr which ran a motec and a hole in the bonnet :P Awesome car though.

The conversion back then cost alot more lol, Did this one for under $1500 with the go fast bits, However the 3500 stall will add $1000 do that :P

Yeah from research the BF was the best motor (cams and head and comp) FG had a swirl chamber (economy improvements i think) which NA is slightly less beneficial for power but that awesome manifold made up for it.

Yeah man it gets like that, Don't sell it though! you will just regret it. Also it's just not worth selling anyway, I'd be lucky to get $2000 for my car. However their low value was beneficial for picking up this car $400 running and driving with a straight body and no rust I was cheering :P I had to have a boxcar. Never loved the EL Ghia as much as it was fun to drive. Always love the boxcars!

Will update here when the stally goes in and she gets a run at the track, Need to figure out what tyres to fit.... Thinking Kenda KR15 245/60/15 or Nankang 255/60/15 but that's really pushing size fitment with the 15x6.5 lol

can't wait to paint it, But that will be slow progress, Home loan, baby and bills eat money :P

Post subject: Re: Conrad's ED Fairmont - Ghia mock DOHC-T
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

5 year thread mine! Alot has changed!

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:51 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

edfairmont4.0 wrote:
5 year thread mine! Alot has changed!

as in ? .... what??

:mrgreen:

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Was NA and unrestored before :lol:

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

edfairmont4.0 wrote:
Was NA and unrestored before :lol:

no pics didn't happen :lol: :roll:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next