Fordmods Logo

Excessive consumption on BF ford falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Excessive consumption on BF ford falcon
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:55 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BF ford falcon egas

NSW, Australia

g'day guys, ive been dealing with this issue for a while now, and its doing my head in bad, my fuel consumption is through the roof at the moment, im getting about 30l/100 on highway use, i just had my center tailshaft bearing fixed, and now need to address this issue,

car is dedicated gas bf ford falcon 2006 model, 130,000 on the clock, in the last 20,000 ive done plugs, o2 sensor, cleaned idle jet and drained the converter a few times from the 2 10mm bolts, cleaned the throttle body out, installed a metal pcv valve, the car though is just sucking the juice, i get wiffs of gas when i stop at the lights and on start ups,

Ive checked for gas leaks but havnt found any but am going to check again tomorrow, so far ive been suggested change the stepper motor and coils, but rather then throwing money, was hoping for some others with some insight on what it might be.

Is there a way to check if the stepper motor is doing its job????, im thinking its over fueling something bad, idk

any help would be great.

Post subject: Re: Excessive consumption on BF ford falcon
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

Hi,

Take it to a competent Gas place, I have a Gas BF and normally get about 400 k's on most of a tank. Never any smell though. Better to pay for it to be fixed than stuff the motor. Even though Gas is cheap, you will still save a bit when it is fixed.

Regards 96ELGli

Post subject: Re: Excessive consumption on BF ford falcon
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

That's insane consumption you should be getting 14-16L/100 around town & 12-14 hwy.

If your getting a smell at lights & when you take off its likely a build up of lpg when stationary filtering through the cabin.

There likely is a internal problem with the converter, smell it while at idle. Failing that take it to the experts not worth stuffing around with lpg.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]