Fordmods Logo

Prins gas systems 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Prins gas systems
Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford ba

VIC, Australia

Hey guys I have a BA station with the latest(year and a half) prins gas system, it was serviced up to 15.000kms and since I clock these kms every month or so it gets expensive what ever I save on gas I have to fork it out for services at $160 each so I left it and now 30.000 kms later the ecu has "locked" and it won't run on gas unless they plug the diagnostic program for $160-200, I had a feeling that there's a timer or something since it happened b4 and all they did it was plugged in they hit the f5 key and it was back to normal, today I was told that its programmed to lock at 25-30 thou kms so it can get serviced. Has anyone come up with a solution to this? Do the diagnostic programs that are sold for 60-80$ work??? I don't make enough to afford $200 every 40 days or so, is it even legal having the ecu locking up?? Oh I know they'll propably say safety reasons
Any help much appreciated
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Prins gas systems
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

Hello,

I dont think a Gas system needs any special " service ". If they have done a " repair " there should be a mandatory warranted period. Ask your local consumer affairs type of group. You could also try the angle that it keeps failing, they cant keep it running and you want a refund. My Gas just works, but it is a Factory system. I have heard too many stories of things going wrong with aftermarket ones. Good luck with it.

Regards 96ELGli

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

It doesn't need a special service it's the way it's the way they design it if u don't service it eventually it'll stop working and I believe it's wrong it's my 4th car on gas and have never seen or heard of this b4 that's why I'm looking for a way around this they won't sell me the diagnostics program unless registed mechanic and I'm not sure if the ones they sell from UK or Europe will work I might just bite the bullet and get one and hope for the best

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

It doesn't need a special service it's the way it's the way they design it if u don't service it eventually it'll stop working and I believe it's wrong it's my 4th car on gas and have never seen or heard of this b4 that's why I'm looking for a way around this they won't sell me the diagnostics program unless registed mechanic and I'm not sure if the ones they sell from UK or Europe will work I might just bite the bullet and get one and hope for the best

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

Hello,

You have missed my point I think. There are Laws in Australia to stop stuff like that. DVD's for example. Players have to play all regions, the Region thing is so they can charge a lot in well off Countries, so people cant bring back cheap ones when OS where they sell them cheaper in poor Countries. Ebay also has some special rules which only apply to us. Like having the same Diagnostic interface in all Cars, rather than having to buy a special one for each brand.

Regards 96ELGli

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]