Fordmods Logo

Fg xr6t Honeycombs fitment issue to Ba XR6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Fg xr6t Honeycombs fitment issue to Ba XR6
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:10 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ba ute xr6

WA, Australia

Hi guys , new to the forum and have found a couple of threads which say diffrent to ny experience regarding this particular issue, i would really appreciate your 2 cents

So i bought a ba xr6 ute today with a set of ugly as hell wheels on it, so i rushed out to snap up a set of honescomb 18's which i personally think are a great looking rim, i was under the impression that they would fit no bother but when i mounted the first one on the front it felt really close to the top ball joint bush thing (appologies for technical lingo) its literally a few mm front the joint and maybe 5mm from the upright section ,

Im asuming the previous owner had lowered the vehicle as it looks kind of low and the spring are powedercoated red like an aftermaket brand, wondering if the clearance i have in the photo will be an issue, didnt dare drive it as it looks like if i hit a bump ill be in trouble,

The tyres are 245/40/18 and i got a pretty sweet deal on them, spewing they look too close ,

Please help me fellas , shall i try and grab some stock spring as i dont care for lowered feeling while driving or am i best changing the tyres (hope not)

Thanks in advance[img][IMG]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah215/Waynecommy/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0539_zpstbeaqoql.jpg[/img][/img]

Post subject: Re: Fg xr6t Honeycombs fitment issue to Ba XR6
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2003 BA N/A XR6 ute

NSW, Australia

Don't worry about it. You'll get a little flex if you run your pressures lower but nothing that should cause the tyre to hit. The factory 18" tyre for the BA is 245/40 and they all run the same setup. Swapping the springs won't change anything, the control arms work independently of the strut assembly. The only reason that tyre will hit, is when the ball joint collapses. And if you're moving you won't give a damn about the tyre hitting - you'll be more worried about the state of your bodywork

2003 Narooma Blue XR6 ute - NOW WITH 6 SPEED! - Underdrives, Hyperflow + Terry pipe + turbo snorkel, 4490's, Venom H/F Cat, 2.5" Redback, BF Turbo T56 conversion, H/D Turbo clutch, custom tailshaft, 3.89 LSD

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]