Fordmods Logo

FS [VIC]: 1996 Fairmont Ghia (XR-GHIA) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: 1996 Fairmont Ghia (XR-GHIA)
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:18 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef 2 fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

Up for sale is my 1996 Fairmont ghia finished in Bordeaux purple with 240,xxxkm on the clock

Comes with factory sunroof (sunroof motor was replaced at ford so it’s got a heap of life in it)

Complete xr6 running gear which is factory fitted was completely rebuilt 3 years ago when the car had 227,000km on it. This means that the block is balanced, decked and honed, new pistons, bearings, rods, head, welsh plugs etc. New water-pump, alternator, power steering pump and line, new battery, new terminals, new overflow bottle, new brake booster and new brake master cylinder was also installed. (Receipt of rebuild should be around somewhere and will be supplied) does have a slight oil leak which I have no idea where it’s coming from.

Throughout my ownership I had also done the following:

New genuine steering rack,
Front and rear bushes,
Front and rear brakes and pads,
XYZ coilovers all round,
Genuine EL XR front end with GC lights and indicators fitted with Philips diamond vision globes on the low beams and white parkers with CCFL angel eyes,
Genuine BA GT steel bonnet bulge welded to falcon bonnet (NOT FIBREGLASS),
Fibreglass tickford kit,
Whiteline 27mm front swaybar,
DL LTD front and rear seats on electric rails with tickford logos,
T5 Manual conversion from an EF XR6. Gearbox was flushed using quality oils, Brand new xtreme heavy duty clutch, new clutch cable, malwood clutch pin, short shifter, genuine HURST gearknob with labeling so its legal, machined flywheel with a J3 Chip to bypass the automatic computer. (2nd gear is a little noisy but still drives fine),
EL XR6 LSD differential to get the extra pinion mounting points as the car is low,
Aftermarket EL GT wheels in OK condition with Genuine EL GT center caps wrapped in Dunlop sport max tyres with plenty of meat left on them.
Aftermarket sound system with boot install (boot space still large enough to go away for the weekend) 1x monoblock to power 2x kicker subwoofers and 1x 4 channel amplifier to power 4 speakers with an alpine single din headunit,
Difillipo mandrel bent intake piping,
Power coated rocker cover,
Pacemaker extractors with ballistic high flow cat, 2.5 inch exhaust with 1 muffler and 1 hotdog to twin 2.5 inch dump tips. Sounds pretty good and not too loud,
EL ghia door trims,
EL GT steering wheel,
Black Venetians,
Darkest legal tint done by the tint professor,

The paint condition is quite good considering it used to be my daily driver as well as the paint work being 19 years old. All work on the EL XR conversion and bonnet was completed by 2die4 bodyworks. It does have some issues but in its current state it did win best Eseries at AFD in Seymour and since then I haven’t driven it at all. It does clean up very well and has all the goods an eseries should have but without the turbo.

I’m sure I have missed a few things but my reason for sale is that I own a new car and I don’t drive this as often as I should so it sits in storage under a protective cover. I’ve owned the car for about 7 years and got it completely standard back in 2008. I have since done all the modifying to get it to where it is today. Located in northern suburbs of melbourne (craigieburn 3064) and will be looking for $7999 with 10 months rego. It will NOT come with a RW certificate as i don't have time to obtain this. CAR DOES NOT HAVE DARK ARGENTS... COMES WITH EL GT WHEELS

Please contact me VIA PM if you have any other questions.

Post subject: Re: FS [VIC]: 1996 Fairmont Ghia (XR-GHIA)
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xc falcon

NSW, Australia

hi still you got the t5 convertion for sale..

thanks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]