Fordmods Logo

Any lead adapters for a Fairmont Ghia CD stereo in an XR6? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Any lead adapters for a Fairmont Ghia CD stereo in an XR6?
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford AU Falcon XR6

NSW, Australia

Hello, fellow forum users.

I'm curious about something which has crossed my mind recently, which I hopefully plan to get working, if able.

A mate of mine unfortunately ended up with his '98 AU Fairmont Ghia written-off by the actions of another driver *R.I.P, Fairmont*, to which he resorted to trading out all the working parts. As it turned out, he asked if I'd like the factory 'Prestige single disk CD audio system' that he had in it, to use in my '99 AU XR6. Naturally I found the idea great, to be able to have an actual Ford CD player in the car without getting an after-market one, and agreed to it.

The only hitch seems to be that my wiring cable in the XR6 is smaller by default than the fitting for plugging it into the Fairmont, and thus cannot connect to power it. Admittedly I'm not all that tech-savvy, but I have a feeling because they're both AU I vehicles, it should work with an adapter of sorts for the cable head to plug in.

That all said; does anybody happen to know if and where I could find an adapter to use the former CD player of the Fairmont in my XR6? Comments would be most-appreciated for the help.

Cheers.

~ EDIT: ~

Almost forgot I still had this thread open - I've got an adapter for the wiring plug all fixed up now, after heading to my local Ford Dearler and consulting the Service Department. So all's resolved now.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]