Fordmods Logo

MY NA FAIRLANE BUILD THREAD. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: MY NA FAIRLANE BUILD THREAD.
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1988 Ford Fairlane

WA, Australia

So i was going to make this thread earlier but things got in the way and but now i have time to do it.
So i bought a 1988 ford fairlane for $750 with rego for 3 months, it was a bit of a blind buy seeing as the owner said it didn't run, but had no clue what was wrong, and i didn't really want to start ripping the engine apart while it was at his house. I got the car home last week and went to start it, it'd crank slow with a charged battery and a jump pack and you could hear the pistons hitting the valves. I got to pulling the rocker cover off and that's when i found out this wasnt going to be an easy fix, there was a corrosion build up on the rockers(photo attached) i got the engine timed and cleaned all the corrosion, put it all back together and went to start it and had no fuel to the head, so i replaced the fuel filter, injectors and cleaned out the injector rail and the car still wouldn't start, i eventually did what i should of done at the start and i checked the spark, and there was no spark, so i replaced all the spark plugs, leads and distributor and still no spark, after long days of work i decided to call it quits on the 3.9 and i bought an el short motor. I've removed almost all the wiring and manifolds and everything else in the way of the engine in the engine bay to take the 3.9 out and ive put the log manifold onto the el engine. So ill probably update this thread every day on what im up to to leave everyone with a full guide on this engine swap. :D

Photos attached here. http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/Kayne ... t=3&page=1

Post subject: Re: MY NA FAIRLANE BUILD THREAD.
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: G6e

SA, Australia

Look forward to it should be nice having a el donk in. .What did the new motor cost you?

Post subject: Re: MY NA FAIRLANE BUILD THREAD.
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 1990 ford fairlane na1

New Zealand

barra swap it mate

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]