Fordmods Logo

NF Fairlane wont start 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: NF Fairlane wont start
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:29 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Hi to all, and thankyou in advance for any help or guidance you can offer.

I have an NF Fairlane in which I have at the same time just changed the BEM and the ignition switch assembly.

When I try to train the BEM and Ignition assembly (key to on position)I can hear a quiet ticking(just like an old school clock) behind the dash somewhere and a louder click clack noise coming from the ACCY relay in the fuse box, the ACCY relay click clack is in sync with flashing dash lights being the park indicater symbol and odometer/car picture reprentation.
Also there is a relay sounding click clack coming from the BEM and you can acctually feel it when you touch the BEM

When I turn off the key and take it out the BEM continues to click and the smart lock jewel/light stays off!

Found a blown 10 Amp fuse (CRT LP) and replaced it now I think the sucker might be in learning mode as I now have a new soft beep,beep beep noise coming from somewhere and the relay and BEM click clack noises have stopped!
Also the park symbol and car representation/oddometer has stopped flashing and is on constantly with the key in the on position, the smart lock jewel is flashing much faster, about 3 times per second.

Has it enered learing mode?
How do you know if the car is in immobilised state?
What is "CRT LP" fuse?

Any comments, questions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject: Re: NF Fairlane wont start
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Car has started but now my power aerial dosent come up when the radio goes on with both BEMs even though it did with one of these two BEMs earilier, any ideas anyone???!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]