Fordmods Logo

My XH V8 ute build 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: My XH V8 ute build
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:56 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: xr8 ute and soon xh v8 ute

WA, Australia

Gday i thought it was about time i start a bit of a build thread of my 1998 V8 XH longreach s pack build i bought it with a 3" exhaust on it and it came in midnight purple the body and paint of the car is immaculate not a single dent or scratch on the entire car. i will upload a pic once i work out how to lol the engine and drive line are extremely solid and runs really really well its got genie extractors to match the 3" exhaust also it doesn't have cats and has one muffler don't want a sticker so what are some good branded cheap cats? I lowered it on 2" blocks and soon to be lowered on king springs and monroe shocks up front will eventually get monroe shocks for the back and reset the leaf springs i lowered it on some 5 spoke 17x8s that i got from the wreckers for 220 bucks including good tyres so that worked out pretty good!!

Unfortunately the same cant be said for the interior the seats were worn out and the steering wheel is buggered however it has cruise control and a perfect dash in it with no cracks breaks or holes in it. I have swapped out the stock seats for some xh xr6 ones i eventually want some leather ba xr8 ones for it but thats down the track. I changed the steering wheel to a blue au xr8 momo steering wheel soooo much nicer to drive and feels much nicer to drive i have got an au centre console thats waiting to be fitted as well will it bolt straight in??

All advice and opinions would be awesome i am getting my car licence on wednesday so i cant wait for that its a completely budget build so any good ideas on awesome bang for buck mods would be wicked!! also how do i upload pics to the thread?? cheers

Post subject: Re: My XH V8 ute build
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:00 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: xr8 ute and soon xh v8 ute

WA, Australia

managed to work it out does anyone know the best way of putting in the au centre console theres no mounting points to suit it my plan was to just make a couple of brackets for it to bolt into hopefully this should work

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]