AU XR6 Leather Interior. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: AU XR6 Leather Interior.
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford AU XR6

VIC, Australia

Hi all,

I was searching around for an AU XR6 interior earlier and i was wondering are there versions of the Leather Seats that have the "XR" logo printed on the back rest? My xr6 doesn't have them but i was wondering did it start from the BA's or is it just mine that don't have them?

My seats are a little worn and looking to replace the whole set (Sedan) i was also wondering roughly how much would it cost to either purchase a new full set of interior, get them re-stitched with new leather or just simply buy leather seat covers as i can purchase them at a store around the corner from me.

Cheers,
Caleb

Post subject: Re: AU XR6 Leather Interior.
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

AFAIK the XR logos came out on the BA seats. Recovering all the interior in a sedan in leather will cost you $1000 or more. I paid about $440 for two custom made leather front seat covers & headrests from someone on eBay.

Another option is to have your exisitng leather rejuvenated by an upholsterer.

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Post subject: Re: AU XR6 Leather Interior.
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:23 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

For the XR logos you can get iron on transfers for dark shirts - print the logos in the usual red, cut them out, iron them onto the leather (use a hankerchief or whatever over the top to not scald the leather). Use a small wire brush to carefully roughen the transfer.
This looks quite convincing on velour, so I'd think it should go okay on leather, and it's not in a high wear area being behind the neck/upper back.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]