Fordmods Logo

AU 200kw into EB fairmont 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: AU 200kw into EB fairmont
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

Engine will drop straight in, run the EB-EL dissy and front dress/ancillaries. You will also need an E series balancer. I recommend a new one rather than reusing your old one. Air temp sensor is in the intake pipe for the AU so you'll need to adapt that, also the larger AU MAF unit as the EB will become a restriction. You can put the E series electronics into the AU housing, but I would still recommend tuning the ECU to suit. Some decent headers & cats would be a good idea as well, be careful with the plug angles on the AU GT40P heads it can be a problem with headers.

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:36 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Nigel wrote:
That was only the Manual Transmissions though was it not : Autos were still the same, although the shifter was placed 50mm further back in the car

xafalcon wrote:
Not sure. All my AU automatics are in my cars, none in the workshop. If correct it would require different driveshaft lengths for manual & auto. E-series shared the same driveshaft for auto and manual. Of course that doesn't mean AU continued the same trend. Perhaps post the question in the gearbox section. Snap will probably know. AU manuals are definately 50mm longer than e-series. I have a number of I6 & V8 T5's here and have measured their dimensions to death - I cast adapter bellhousings for fitting various T5's onto 6-bolt SBF blocks

Nah, I'm only aware of what you guys have already mentioned.

I do remember there was a pic on here of an AU T5 alongside an earlier version gearbox.
Wasn't the 50mm in the extension housing length ??

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Yep on the AU 5 speed the extension housing is 50mm longer.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:52 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB SXR8 347 Stroker

VIC, Australia

XA falcon,
Hi, you seem to know your stuff, a Question i need answering is,what equivelent mustang converter bolt pattern flexplate could i use on my eb xr8 btr 95 le auto ,Which has been stroked to 347 and zero balanced . the converter bolt pattern is 4 hole with 11 3/8 hole centers its a 164 tooth flexplate neutral balanced i need. Can you help?????? yes the btr is getting beefed up.

Regards Rob

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2