Fordmods Logo

FG Electric window looms 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: FG Electric window looms
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:15 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hi
I have a mid 2008 early 5 Speed auto FG G6. I want to fit illuminated window switches. I assumed the extra wire would be in all looms as per earlier models but an Ebay ad clearly states the illuminated switches cannot be used in cars not factory fitted with illuminated switches ie G6Es. Can anyone tell me if my car has the extra wire for the lights?

Martin Hubbard

Post subject: Re: FG Electric window looms
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

More than likely it has not. If it did, you would already have the illuminated switches.
According to the parts book, the Wiring is different, the XR & G6E have the same wiring and they have the same Power Window Switch. Maybe you might be able to add a power wire for the light?

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Thanks for your thoughts and info but, after a few days of no replies I began to lose hope of any responses. I researched removing switches and took out one of the singles. It has the 6th wire for the illumination. Based on that, I then researched how to remove the drivers door card. I then bought a full set of FG illuminated switches and installed them. The illumination works and is activated by the lights switch, unlike my friend's BA Futura which is switched on via the ignition. I find this curious given the G6 is a Futura replacement not a Fairmont, but Ford did incorporate more in each successive model. I look for information on Fords because I'm a Mopar person. Give me any 1960's model Valiant in pieces and I'll easily assemble it and even rewire it if required. I simply work on the likely similarities between local Ford, GM and Chrysler products. The FG G6 belongs to my wife, I own a fully loaded 2010 6lt Caprice and love both cars equally. My pride and Joy however, is my 1969 Dodge Charger R/T clone. As you would gather I'm flying a little blind with these late model Fords. Again thanks for the reply.

Martin Hubbard

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

The switches can be modified to be illuminated without adding extra wiring. You need to install the appropriate LED's and Resistors and a negative jumper and it will illuminate whenever the window switches are active (whenever the windows can be operated)

Matt

2004 Harvest Green XR6
Orsm Ford Cruisers
ORSM Ford Cruiser's Web Site

Contact me for Cluster Programming & Window switch colour change for BA/BF Falcons & Territory.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]