Hesitation after new fuel pump 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Hesitation after new fuel pump
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ford Falcon ED

TAS, Australia

Ok so its not exactly a new fuel pump uts been sitting in the shed for a few years used a few times on another falcon took it out ages thinking I bought a dodge pump wasn't the pump so thought id keep it. Well I used it today on my car that died randomly, started fine went to take off and it hesitated like it was about to run out of fuel thought it was just getting in the lines so gave it the benefit of the doubt.. hesitated and stalled all the way home. no problem in recent weeks then this obv the pump was bung and now working but what else could make it hesitate when putting foot down like that after a pump replacement? did I stuff it up? I had to drive it home going between 2nd and 3rd and starting it again at traffic lights. Christmas time I had to replace all the ignition parts, well most of them coil, leads, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor button, and tfi module I'm thinking about buying new fuel pres reg injectors and pump and filter, Swear to god if that tfi module and and hall effect have gone I'm gonna burn this car and buy a holden. please stop me

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]