Fordmods Logo

ICC problems (smartshield light flashing) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: ICC problems (smartshield light flashing)
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Futura

QLD, Australia

Hey guys

Having trouble sorting my starting issues with my ba futura. Removed ICC to try and obtain serial numbers for codes but too badly worn and ford have now informed me there is no codes. I have put it all back together and when I turned the key it wouldn’t start, tried again went too and now nothing smart shield light is flashing on dash... I have replaced all screws correctly as I was told that they can be earth but still fails to start please tell me I haven’t broken it. Any help would be amazingly appreciated

Edited to
Add :( I didn’t disconnect the battery first

Ok so I fixed it the car starts I hadn’t put top finishing screw under the triangle dash fascia seems that must be some sort of earth too... however now I have engine/dash warning lights up.. any ideas???

Ok never mind lol I fixed it hooray!!! Can’t work out how to delete post

Post subject: Re: ICC problems (smartshield light flashing)
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:13 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

there is no code for radio is correct the radio is programmed to the VIN of the car.
top screw does not earth anything out it does however pull ICC back slightly more.
the symptoms indicate that the ICC was not locked in correctly,did you reset the plug at rear of ICC before you refitted ICC.
if not I would suggest you remove ICC again reset the plug at rear by pulling it "slightly" towards you (it should click) then refitting ICC.

what was the initial reason for removing ICC ?

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

I called ford they said there is no code registered to the vin, I’m guessing it may have pulled it back to correctly seat it, I didn’t reset the icc prior as I am not sure how to do it. And the reason for removal was to find the serial number so that I could try and get code. Contacted actual service part of ford today and they have said they will reset icc so that it overrides the code. Error for free (this was after I went through 3 hours of hell trying to figure things out. It’s starting running the same way as before and no engine lights now so I am happy I’ll just use the am and menu trick every 5 mins till it goes into dealership

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Tried pulling the plug it didn’t budge

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]