Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: FG intake onto BA/F
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:43 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Falcon BF mkII ES

VIC, Australia

phantom wrote:
Sent you a reply. So everyone knows I drilled a 3.0mm hole in the throttle body because it wouldn't Idle when it warmed up and to stop it hunting. I had also used the FG injectors but will be using BA ones when I install the manifold in my BA XR.

Thanks for the reply mate :]

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

this may sound a little redundant, but i am looking to do this in reverse. the fg intake can only take about 10psi (i should mention that i am looking to turbo my car), so i am looking to put the cast BA/BF intake on my car to take the pressures of forced induction.

by the sound of it, its a straight forward swap... just in reverse to what all you guys want to do?
manifold, wiring, fuel rail, map sensor, ??

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:40 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 1991 eb1 fairmont

QLD, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
this may sound a little redundant, but i am looking to do this in reverse. the fg intake can only take about 10psi (i should mention that i am looking to turbo my car), so i am looking to put the cast BA/BF intake on my car to take the pressures of forced induction.

by the sound of it, its a straight forward swap... just in reverse to what all you guys want to do?

why not use the fg turbo manifold?

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

cause they are reasonably difficult to come accross, and everyone that has one is asking for ridiculous amounts of money... i was just looking into all my options.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford Falcon BF mkII ES

VIC, Australia

FordAUte wrote:

FordAUte wrote:
cause they are reasonably difficult to come accross, and everyone that has one is asking for ridiculous amounts of money... i was just looking into all my options.

In theory it should work, you would also have to get the manifold bolts. Or cut yours down, as they're shorter haha.
Also the coolant line that runs under the manifold. Not sure how it would work in reverse, the FG one may get in the way.
Because the wiring for the mass sensor is longer you may not actually have to do anything with it, just the Throttle body wiring.

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ba MkII XR6 Magnet

QLD, Australia

Hey sorry to bump an old thread but I've just finished doing this today and on cold startup it idles quite poorly and get no response from the accelerator. I've got fg fuel rail and reg with ba injectors, fg rocker cover, fg coils, fg throttle body (w/3mm hole drilled as phantom has). Ive soldered every join in the loom so figure its not that and initial start up sounds so close to how it used too but once it drops to idle rpm its terrible.Any ideas where I may have gone wrong? Probably up for a tune but figure it's worth a shot.

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

tekkendude wrote:
Hey sorry to bump an old thread but I've just finished doing this today and on cold startup it idles quite poorly and get no response from the accelerator. I've got fg fuel rail and reg with ba injectors, fg rocker cover, fg coils, fg throttle body (w/3mm hole drilled as phantom has). Ive soldered every join in the loom so figure its not that and initial start up sounds so close to how it used too but once it drops to idle rpm its terrible.Any ideas where I may have gone wrong? Probably up for a tune but figure it's worth a shot.

I would have used the BA/BF throttle body , I did this on my xg barra 182 fg manifold,fg fuel rail but BA injectors and throttle body and it works really well.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
I would have used the BA/BF throttle body , I did this on my xg barra 182 fg manifold,fg fuel rail but BA injectors and throttle body and it works really well.

Would you happen to have a picture of your setup at all? Need ideas for the adaptor plate. I'm pretty sure it's an air issue causing the idle issues.

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:57 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:

Would you happen to have a picture of your setup at all? Need ideas for the adaptor plate. I'm pretty sure it's an air issue causing the idle issues.

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

tekkendude wrote:
johnnyeHCF wrote:

Hi mate heres a couple ,you just have to drill 2 holes in the BA trottle body for it to fit and spacers to fit the BA injectors in the FG rail.

Attachments:
file-10.jpg
file-10.jpg [ 42.28 KiB | Viewed 682 times ]
file-9.jpg
file-9.jpg [ 27.89 KiB | Viewed 525 times ]
file-8.jpg
file-8.jpg [ 42.91 KiB | Viewed 588 times ]
file-7.jpg
file-7.jpg [ 35.61 KiB | Viewed 542 times ]

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA Falcon

VIC, Australia

Sorry to bump an old thread but I was hoping someone could just give me a clear list because this thread is rather scrambled and patchy. I want to do the conversion but want to know the easiest route. Like are the ba injectors bolt on compatible with the FG fuel rail or should I just use the FG injectors and rail? Does the FG throttle body work without tuning or am I better off making an adapter plate etc. thanks in advance for any replies

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

N/Apeasant wrote:
Sorry to bump an old thread but I was hoping someone could just give me a clear list because this thread is rather scrambled and patchy. I want to do the conversion but want to know the easiest route. Like are the ba injectors bolt on compatible with the FG fuel rail or should I just use the FG injectors and rail? Does the FG throttle body work without tuning or am I better off making an adapter plate etc. thanks in advance for any replies

Hi mate,I'll see if I can remember everything.
Fg manifold obviously (make sure you get the mani bolts as well )
Fg heater pipe (cant use ba and needs modifying at back side)
One that runs from thermostat housing and around the back of engine
Fg fuel rail (need spacers as fg injectors are smaller)
Ba TB needs 2 new holes drilled to suit Fg manifold

Before you fit the manifold remove some of the conduit from the wiring so you can pull them out a bit (extending the wiring-so to speak,I did have to extend the Map sensor plug aswell,I also cut a peice off the BA heater pipe so it connects up to the firewall as per BA.
There's no real way to use the Fg TB and injectors as the ecu will just freak right out.

Can add a couple of pics of heater pipe etc....
But well worth mod IMO
hope this helps a lottle bit
Cheers Johnny.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Hey guys, just done abit of a rundown of how to do the FG manifold conversion for anyone interested its in this section under BA I6 FG manifold conversion,should give you the basics of what needs doing,hope it helps someone.......
Cheers Johnny.

ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/ba-falcon-i6-fg-manifold-conversion-t133237.html

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3