Mods to xh suspension for drifting 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Mods to xh suspension for drifting
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:08 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xh falcon

QLD, Australia

Just after some advise on suspension upgrade for an xh ute for drifting

It's currently got el v8 springs in the front with the top and bottom coils cut off and I've welded the spring perch a bit higher so it's not as sloppy. For the rear I've just flipped the springs.

I was wondering if there is a set adjustable coil overs that can be easily modified to fit the front. If there's nothing really available then I'll just get the short aftermarket struts and make do with them.

For the rear would I be better to run flipped springs or 4" lowing blocks for maximum stiffness and can anyone recommend a good set of rear shocks that are a bit lower too.

Is there a way to get a quicker steering ratio and more lock as well, it's fells like it's got way more lock than my old hilux and vs ute ever had. The steering wheel in the xh is way bigger than I'm used to as well so a smaller diameter wheel should make it a bit better.

Are then any other mods for better handling for drifting. I've heard removing the front sway bar and stiffening the rear is the way to go.

Post subject: Re: Mods to xh suspension for drifting
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

Try these on the front & rear:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-Pc-Front- ... rk:17:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-Pc-Rear-B ... :rk:7:pf:0

Have you looked at 4-link suspension on the back, or is that outside your budget? Flipping the top leaf is probably the easiest way to lower the back. Has it go a Watts linkage on the back already?

Not sure about the steering rack ratio options. Do you want to keep it all Ford?

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]