Fordmods Logo

Speaker Wiring Help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Speaker Wiring Help
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Bought an 08 FG XR6 not too long back and needed to get Bluetooth installed as I travel for work. I gave a few of the local Ford dealers a ring and they all gave me the same response. Supposedly the original Bluetooth module is both expensive and can cause issues in terms of compatibility with modern devices. All of the dealerships just directed me to the local auto electrician to get a new head unit installed for $800. I figured if I was going to spend that much on just a head unit I may as well just replace the entire factory audio solution myself and pay not too much more.

I have installed my 4 channel amp under the passenger seat and I am wondering what people do in terms of wiring speaker cables from the driver's side doors across the car to plug into the amp on the passenger side. I have my RCA's running under the trim along the centre console and the power cable coming down the door side of the passenger foot well just fine. It is just a matter of getting the speaker wires from the driver's side across the centre console to the passenger side.

Any help would be much appreciated :D

Post subject: Re: Speaker Wiring Help
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:38 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

have fitted a used factory bluetooth unit to my other half's BF with no probs, other than phone button not working on hang up [not sure why but she's happy otherwise]. i fitted a aftermarket unit to my BA that had been fitted to a FG. again no probs, altho mine hasn't been used as per a 'normal' day [fitted it & then made two calls to check/make sure it worked]. both our phones are galaxy A5's [2017]. both bluetooth units wired up as per factory connections.

as to your wiring question re speaker wires. cut original & extend or run new thru & cable tie to cabling running thru dash.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]