Fordmods Logo

EF... Issues, Lots! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EF... Issues, Lots!
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 97 EL Sapphire II + 95 EF GLI

NSW, Australia

Hello everyone! Been many a year since I last checked into this place, How ya'll doing? Good.

My sick, slightly handicapped love child that is my EF is once again acting up. I've made a video of the issue, Please excuse my slightly drunk at the time brain for not remembering which way to correctly film with a camera but it's mainly the sound I want you to hear. I'll repost the videos description for more info.

https://youtu.be/cYqG4M0fPRU

**Lately my car has been running like a dog. At around the 0:44 mark you can hear the car drop in rpm then a loud hiss sound and it drops even further then picks back up again. The other issue is when you accelerate the car... sort of gurgles/bubbles at low rpm as if its stalling, And at high rpm (foot down) the problem is almost non existent. At a stop then foot down the car takes off extremely slowly then out of nowhere (once the rpm gets high) all the power comes suddenly rushing through as if theres no problem. I have spent so much money trying to find this problem, I've done all the usual stuff, Replaced Spark plugs, Leads, Coil Pack, Fuel Filter, Had the injectors looked at, Replaced the TPS, had the ISC checked, Reset the ECU multiple times I've checked for vac leaks. if you can name it I've probably done it. I'm at my wits end, Just throwing this out there to see if anyone can suggest anything I haven't heard of. Thanks for ANY help at all!**

Last edited by 95-EF-Chad on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: EF... Issues, Lots!
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:12 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 97 EL Sapphire II + 95 EF GLI

NSW, Australia

I know no one has posted any replies and that's understandable. I got access to a mechanic shop today very good friend of mine Kris Hodges Automotive here in Australia. I basically can't afford to pay anyone so I did the work myself. Man the things I have done to try and fix this problem. Compression test yielded perfect compression across all 6. Tick that off the list, All brand new plugs,leads and pack. Tick that off. VIGOROUS! vacuum leak tests, No leaks found. Injectors at a glance are working. Tomorrow *might* yield some answers, The car is going to have it's first Diagnostics run on a computer. I hope to God it picks the problem up or at least points me in the right direction. I'll continue to update this JUST IN CASE!... Someone else has this issue and can find some closure, If I do. Peace.

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon EF XR6

NSW, Australia

Have you tried swapping out the ECU to see if thats the issue?

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

This sounds familiar but I can't think of what it was when it happened to our EF,I'LL put my thinkin cap on :shock: and see if can remember.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

We had two similar problems with ours,first time ended up being a fuel regulator problem and the other time was an electrical issue which I can't recall at present.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]