car hard to move 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: car hard to move
Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

Hi.

I am currently working on my AU fairlane and i have just replaced the front rotors and pads (they where actually in spec but i replaced them anyway so they are shiny and new for the road worthy) anyway it was doing this before and after i changed them but the car is hard to move around like i am pulling 50 tons. The bearings moved freely when i had no rotors on them so i have left them as is but even with new rotors and pads the car seems to be really stiff to move. the front wheels with them off the ground i cant move by hand and i found this a little odd. especially with the calipers compressed. not sure what this is about.

another thing i notice is the hand break lever feels very light however i have not yet changed the back rotors so i am not sure how the adjustment is on that.

Is this normal behaviour? i am a little concerned that the calipers may not be working as they should.

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Post subject: Re: car hard to move
Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:59 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

when you changed the disc's & pads ... did you have much trouble getting the calipers back over the disc's ??

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
when you changed the disc's & pads ... did you have much trouble getting the calipers back over the disc's ??

not a noticeable amount of difficulty, they where not as easy as my civic to do but i just put that down to the type of caliper they where. i used to use a G clamp to push them in this time i was using a proper caliper tool so i found it easier than i remember. however i still think i should be able to move the front wheels by hand when it is off the ground.

Should i rebuild the calipers?

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:12 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Bazzy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

not a noticeable amount of difficulty, they where not as easy as my civic to do but i just put that down to the type of caliper they where. i used to use a G clamp to push them in this time i was using a proper caliper tool so i found it easier than i remember. however i still think i should be able to move the front wheels by hand when it is off the ground.

Should i rebuild the calipers?

doubt they will need rebuilding, can't really offer more than what i have said as i'm out of my league re helping with advice. sorry :(

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]