Ignition barrel woes 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Ignition barrel woes
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: El falcon gli

VIC, Australia

‘97 el sedan gli
Long story the last key for the car was lost, removed all the barrels and drilled out the ignition, replaced the ignition with a new barrel, get smart lock code 5 I believe (5 on and off) and when I turn the key to start the car I get an exclamation light... I removed the barrel and just tried turning the switch with a screwdriver and now the switch has “popped out”

Video of switch

no idea how to get it back into place and now I can’t put the new ignition barrel back in. I urgently need to at least have the car in accessory so I can push it out onto a truck to be towed otherwise I’m gonna waste even more money on wheel trolleys.
Any help would be really appreciated
Cheers

Post subject: Re: Ignition barrel woes
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:58 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

simples.... remove covers from steering column. then remove clamp (that holds ignition switch on column) you should then be able to steer car on to tow truck. i'm not going to tell you how to remove clamp tho.

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: El falcon gli

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
simples.... remove covers from steering column. then remove clamp (that holds ignition switch on column) you should then be able to steer car on to tow truck. i'm not going to tell you how to remove clamp tho.

I’m not too stressed with moving the car, if worst comes to worst then I can get it moved without the ability to steer it, I got it out of my shed and it only needs to go in a straight line now... regardless I need to be able to start the car so fixing the switch inside The ignition barrel housing is imperative unless I just buy a smart lock bypass module and angle grind the assembly off and make a completely security Lacking push button starter. I would hate to do this as I’ve already sold the car to a mate (who caused me this mess by losing the key
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated haha

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:30 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

didn't need to angle grind it off.

i don't seem to remember EL having the same needs as the later AU/BA/BF re key?. but anyway maybe try - http://www.fordmods.com/ford-technical-document-smartlock-bypass-for-e-series-d83

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]