Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: clear airbag warning code
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:37 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ford falcon futura

NSW, Australia

hi all again lol,

my airbag light was flashing ( code 12 ) from what iv read that mean low voltage or blown fuse...i check the fuse and it was indeed blown, i replaced it and now im getting code 52..again from what iv read thats normal and i have to clear the code..i found a thred on here that said i had to ground the 4th pin from top left in the white connection thing under the steering wheel when the ignition was on and wait for some beeps but nothing happend...help?

Post subject: Re: clear airbag warning code
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 04 ba wagon

NSW, Australia

I recently had an issue with my EF Falcon Air bag light flashing a code # 52. This represented by the Air bag flashing 5 times resting for two seconds and flashing another two times hence the code # 52. The code it flashed out to me was letting me know that my battery voltage had dropped below a certain voltage. I was reading another thread from this forum and a guy had pointed out on how to clear the code instead of taking it in to Ford. Because it was a low voltage code and nothing serious I decided to give it a crack.

This is how I had done it:

In the fuse box under the steering column where you plug the diagnosis computer in you will notice two rows of pins. Using an alligator clip or two wires you first need to locate:

* The Fourth Pin From the Left in the Top Row *
( This pin is for the Air bag )

* Second thing you do is bridge / connect this using your wire / alligator clip to the ( First Pin ) from the left in the bottom row. This pin is the Ground.

* For this to work you must have your ignition on to Ac with one end of the wire plugged into the Airbag Pin. Wait for the Airbag Light to flash the code*.

Once your airbag code stops flashing bridge / connect the Airbag pin with the Ground pin (first pin bottom row). When the code starts flashing the second time around you will hear 5 short beeps. This indicates the code has been cleared. Once you have done this after the 5 beeps remove the ground pin look at the Air bag light to see if it flashes another code. If it flashes another code wait for the code to finish flashing and reconnect the ground pin. When the code flashes the second time you will hear 5 short beeps.

I have noticed through trial and error on clearing the codes for the Airbag light:

* You must do this consecutively ( clear one code at a time before you do the next code )

I made the mistake of hearing the beeps and thinking everything was all clear pulling the wires out without clearing the second code.

I hope I have explained this in enough detail for the average person to give this a go. If in doubt please take it to an Auto Sparky or your Ford dealership.

..wagonstyle..
04 ba wagon, manual conversion, pacemaker extractors, custom exhaust, m86lsd, full electric window conversion, dual zone icc, gt front end with body kit getting made

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

disconnect the battery over night.

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:31 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ef Ghia 1994

QLD, Australia

wagonstyle wrote:
I recently had an issue with my EF Falcon Air bag light flashing a code # 52. This represented by the Air bag flashing 5 times resting for two seconds and flashing another two times hence the code # 52. The code it flashed out to me was letting me know that my battery voltage had dropped below a certain voltage. I was reading another thread from this forum and a guy had pointed out on how to clear the code instead of taking it in to Ford. Because it was a low voltage code and nothing serious I decided to give it a crack.

This is how I had done it:

In the fuse box under the steering column where you plug the diagnosis computer in you will notice two rows of pins. Using an alligator clip or two wires you first need to locate:

* The Fourth Pin From the Left in the Top Row *
( This pin is for the Air bag )

* Second thing you do is bridge / connect this using your wire / alligator clip to the ( First Pin ) from the left in the bottom row. This pin is the Ground.

* For this to work you must have your ignition on to Ac with one end of the wire plugged into the Airbag Pin. Wait for the Airbag Light to flash the code*.

Once your airbag code stops flashing bridge / connect the Airbag pin with the Ground pin (first pin bottom row). When the code starts flashing the second time around you will hear 5 short beeps. This indicates the code has been cleared. Once you have done this after the 5 beeps remove the ground pin look at the Air bag light to see if it flashes another code. If it flashes another code wait for the code to finish flashing and reconnect the ground pin. When the code flashes the second time you will hear 5 short beeps.

I have noticed through trial and error on clearing the codes for the Airbag light:

* You must do this consecutively ( clear one code at a time before you do the next code )

I made the mistake of hearing the beeps and thinking everything was all clear pulling the wires out without clearing the second code.

I hope I have explained this in enough detail for the average person to give this a go. If in doubt please take it to an Auto Sparky or your Ford dealership.

This rocks man!! thanks it worked,just what i needed. Cheers aye..

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EFII Fairmont Ghia Manual

SA, Australia

You Bewdy!!! Finally found the right info to clear the error code.Thanks for the clear detail as hadn't found any info on using the bottom left pin as the earth.Excellent post.

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Falcon

NSW, Australia

After pulling out the airbag fuse, the light stayed on for me too.I came across this post and using this method its now cleared.

Thanks.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:07 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA MKII FPV GT-P, BA XR6

QLD, Australia

https://airbagcode.com/ford-falcon/

all the codes... from 01-99

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]