Fordmods Logo

Territory air vent flaps fallen off 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Territory air vent flaps fallen off
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:17 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: territory 2015 diesel SZ MK II

VIC, Australia

I need some help guys. I was putting a phone holder on my territory 2015 diesel centre console airvent.
The phone holder pushed the flaps and dislodged them. I have the airvent in place but the flaps that control air direction are fallen at the back and i can see them. How can i fix this?

Post subject: Re: Territory air vent flaps fallen off
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:26 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

not sure on what model terri you have [SZ? using the FG style icc?] so i will answer with what i know re BA/BF falcons. the icc will have to come out [what is in the centre of the dash/console. has the screen/controls] so you can get to the back of the vents. once removed you can then push the parts dislodged back into place, then refit icc. with the FG style icc i'm not sure how that is fitted/mounted.

Post subject: Re: Territory air vent flaps fallen off
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: territory 2015 diesel SZ MK II

VIC, Australia

Thanks Mad2. I also thought what you are saying to pull out the ICC. Mine is SZ MKII 2015. I ended up using a mini pry screw driver which i used to dismantle iphone. It is very tiny. I just pryed one end loose and the other also came loose. I then rotated the vent diagonally and somehow pulled it out. I fixed the flaps back on....one of the components had fallen deep so i used a long screw driver to pull it closer and out. Once flaps were attached back to the vent I then had the challenge to placing it back in. So the technique I used is to first insert the bottom and keep the vents as straight as you can facing you. Then placed the right side in and it settled in the hole. The i really had to spend sometime slowly applying force and pushed the ledt side in as well. It thendis a hard click and in place. It is working fine and no damage. All i can say is that it is not difficult but if you do not want to remove the ICC then be careful coz if you break the vents then it can cost you $150 or so to get in good condition. So if anyone wants to play with this in the future just take your time and play with it. Else take out the ICC which is not difficult but just lot of prying and disconnecting the battery. I have also heard that the LcD can stop working if battery is not properly handled. So pick your chances.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]