Gab's BUDGET BUILD XG Ute Touring rig/work ute 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Gab's BUDGET BUILD XG Ute Touring rig/work ute
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Here's my XG Ute, which I am setting up to travel the east coast of Australia as soon as we're allowed to with all of the stuff that is going on with covid. I've had this car now for about 5 years, and it's been pretty good, although I've actually gone through a few different engines in it, and at one point I did have a manual box (T5) in it which will go back in at some point. I'm also using this vehicle to generally move things around such as firewood and scrap metal. It's by no means a show car, it's a bit rough, but i am going to tidy it up. This thread won't focus too much on the history of the car since I've had it, but more it's current state and it's future plans, because to be quite honest, I've forgotten alot of the details. So basically, the plans for the vehicle is to tidy it up and make it look fairly presentable, and I also plan to fit the canopy I have for it, which I'll wire up with a big detatchable plug, So that it can be easily removed. I'll also be installing a 2nd battery, and there's a few plans for the tyres and suspension, which I'll probably reveal later, as I work out some more details. The canopy and the 2nd battery will also be able to be easily removed for general use as a ute, and will probably be run in this configuration 80% of the time. I plan to do a big trip in this vehicle, and after I get back, it may get some other signifigant changes, including the possibilty of a V8 or a Barra engine, and an XD Front end. I've fitted some BA XR6 seats to it, and a bullbar, but other than that, it's fairly stock at the moment. I plan to do all of these things on an extreme budget, and I'll try to detail how I do everything.

Gab

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Gab's BUDGET BUILD XG Ute Touring rig/work ute
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

about time you made a build nthread for it lol

Post subject: Re: Gab's BUDGET BUILD XG Ute Touring rig/work ute
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:21 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 02 XT UTE MANUAL

WA, Australia

Good stuff mate. Good to see the old girl kept alive. Seems she has had her fare share of heart transplants .:: :lol:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]