Fordmods Logo

where to buy AU Falcon OEM circuit breakers? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: where to buy AU Falcon OEM circuit breakers?
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

NSW, Australia

i have the common problem of all the lights cutting out when i have the high beams on for more then 3-4 minutes, I'm pretty sure ive traced the problem back to the auto reset circuit breaker but trying to find the correct OEM one is proving damn near impossible!

i have looked all over at all the usual places and i can only find the nut & bolt style breakers i need the push in type & if possible a slightly larger one say 35a or 40a since i am running 100/130w globes (please dont say "just go cooler wattage" i need decent high beams!)

i have also looked for a part number on it and all it says is "30a 12v"

can anyone give me an idea of where to look for a "push in" Circuit breaker or a "Bladed" circuit breaker if you prefer or an actual part number to chase i need my high beams back

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Post subject: Re: where to buy AU Falcon OEM circuit breakers?
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

GTFORDMAN wrote:
i have the common problem of all the lights cutting out when i have the high beams on for more then 3-4 minutes, I'm pretty sure ive traced the problem back to the auto reset circuit breaker but trying to find the correct OEM one is proving damn near impossible!

i have looked all over at all the usual places and i can only find the nut & bolt style breakers i need the push in type & if possible a slightly larger one say 35a or 40a since i am running 100/130w globes (please dont say "just go cooler wattage" i need decent high beams!)

can anyone give me an idea of where to look for a "push in" Circuit breaker or a "Bladed" circuit breaker if you prefer or an actual part number to chase i need my high beams back

why not make up a 'small' male plug for the original female headlight plug & use that to operate separate relays for the higher wattage globes? ... that will get around the circuit breaker problem yeah? and it's easier to find the correct relays that way.

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
GTFORDMAN wrote:

why not make up a 'small' male plug for the original female headlight plug & use that to operate separate relays for the higher wattage globes? ... that will get around the circuit breaker problem yeah? and it's easier to find the correct relays that way.

this might end up being done since it has a date with an auto electrician in a few weeks

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:11 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

GTFORDMAN wrote:
this might end up being done since it has a date with an auto electrician in a few weeks

i've had to do it due to running 130 x 120 per side plus landing lights in one & other just had the 130/120 per side. really want to do em again with the BA, but i think i will have to change the front to the previous AU XR front if i want the old lights in current.

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

I was looking for an automotive resettable circuit breaker to protect my 12v battery and multiple devices. Luckily, I came across this Ampper model. The package includes two pieces, making it a great value option if I need to install breakers on different circuits. For more information: https://www.galvinpower.org/best-auto-r ... -breakers/

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]