AU1 Fairmont, ECU and BEM into AUXR6 VCT only crank 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: AU1 Fairmont, ECU and BEM into AUXR6 VCT only crank
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 49 images

Ride: TE50 T1

NSW, Australia

Hi, I bought 99 AU XR6 VCT without engine and gearbox. I had a VCT engine from a previous car and dropped it into the new car. I noticed at some places the engine and loom leading to the ECU has been cut. So I decided to replace the dashboard, ECU,BEM, ignition, keys and immobilizer with that of a running AU1 auto Fairmont.

The problem is that the cra cranks but wont start. I replaced the coil pack and all sensors but still it doesnt start. What can be the problem. It gives and error code of P3353.

Please assist.

Post subject: Re: AU1 Fairmont, ECU and BEM into AUXR6 VCT only crank
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

SABOY wrote:
Hi, I bought 99 AU XR6 VCT without engine and gearbox. I had a VCT engine from a previous car and dropped it into the new car. I noticed at some places the engine and loom leading to the ECU has been cut. So I decided to replace the dashboard, ECU,BEM, ignition, keys and immobilizer with that of a running AU1 auto Fairmont.

The problem is that the cra cranks but wont start. I replaced the coil pack and all sensors but still it doesnt start. What can be the problem. It gives and error code of P3353.

Please assist.

Can't seem to find the error code above,the only one close is P0353 which is Ignition Coil #3 failure.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

johnnyeHCF wrote:
SABOY wrote:

Please assist.

Can't seem to find the error code above,the only one close is P0353 which is Ignition Coil #3 failure.

AU XR6 could be different though as the manual I'm using doesn't mention XR6.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:11 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
johnnyeHCF wrote:
SABOY wrote:

Please assist.

AU XR6 could be different though as the manual I'm using doesn't mention XR6.

just looked at the ellery's i have.

and even tho it says the same - " Ignition Coil #3 failure" - it also mentions a 'bit' more.

mentions fouled plugs, damaged leads, wrong spark gap, worn or damaged plugs, excessive carbon on plugs, improper resistance high tension leads, coil pack faulty or damaged. coil signal shorted to ground, vehicle power [VPWR] or signal return [sigrtn], faulty or impropercoil signal connection, improper signal from crankshaft position sensor [CKP] to PCM [?] or reluctor [toothed wheel] faulty or damaged, faulty PCM electronic distributorless ignition system [EDIS] central processing unit [CPU].

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

thanx for the replies, took it to an auto electician today. He will try and sort it out. The problem is that here in South Africa people have limited knowledge about these Falcons. Lets hope for the best. If this is done my next project is to convert my 2000 AU Fairmont into a Ute. Just need a grinder. I hope someone did it before. Would be great if I can get some blueprints. Will keep you posted.

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:58 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

thanx for the replies, took it to an auto electician today. He will try and sort it out. The problem is that here in South Africa people have limited knowledge about these Falcons. Lets hope for the best.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Morning, just an update. Eventually installed an aftermarket ECU and most things work. Car starts and so on.

Thank you very much for the reponses.

Juan

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:54 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Hi there

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]