Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Building my ef xr6
Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1996 ef xr6

VIC, Australia

Hey all,
I don’t know if I’ll get a reply.
But I’m hoping you guys can help me. I’ve just turned 18 and I’m a ford fanatic. I’ve currently got a manual ef xr6. I’m an apprentice at a mechanics work shop so I’m learning about cars. But I don’t know too much about mine simply because not too many people actually care about the intech like they do barras. I just wanted to ask, About the reliability of the intech 4.0L when giving it power(mostly boost) I want 350rwkw when I’m fully licensed. What work would I need to do to support that power without blowing my engine every few months? Any help is appreciated,

Thank you for reading

Post subject: Re: Building my ef xr6
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Abz02 wrote:
Hey all,
But I’m hoping you guys can help me. I’ve just turned 18 and I’m a ford fanatic. I’ve currently got a manual ef xr6. I’m an apprentice at a mechanics work shop so I’m learning about cars. But I don’t know too much about mine simply because not too many people actually care about the intech like they do barras. I just wanted to ask, About the reliability of the intech 4.0L when giving it power(mostly boost) I want 350rwkw when I’m fully licensed. What work would I need to do to support that power without blowing my engine every few months? Any help is appreciated,

Thank you for reading

So are you using a AU engine or the EF engine?

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the reply mate, I plan on swapping either an el or au(maybe a hybrid) so I don’t blow the original motor. I don’t really mind, they’ll cost about the same To but I’m sure. Whatever will give best results I’ll go for. Leaning more toward au though

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Abz02 wrote:
Hey all,

Thank you for reading

I realised I didn’t tag you properly, but read my other post

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Abz02 wrote:
Hey all,

Thank you for reading

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Abz02 wrote:
johnnyeHCF wrote:
Abz02 wrote:
Hey all,

Thank you for reading

Hi mate I forgot about this one,alot of people use the AU engine for the bottom end strength (sump like the barra tied in to the main caps) but the AU has the slightly longer rod like the BA,it's widely believed that the EF crankshaft is the most balanced out of the SOHC I6's,but would definitely consider the EL hybrid which gives you the best of both.
I am hoping to be building a boosted SOHC engine myself, have spool rods (E-series) high flow oil pump,duel valve springs etc.....

Anyway not sure if this helps,you should also check out the Build section on Boostedfalcon.net which has some incredible SOHC builds :twisted:

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Abz02 wrote:
johnnyeHCF wrote:
Abz02 wrote:
Hey all,

Thank you for reading

Hi mate I forgot about this one,alot of people use the AU engine for the bottom end strength (sump like the barra tied in to the main caps) but the AU has the slightly longer rod like the BA,it's widely believed that the EF crankshaft is the most balanced out of the SOHC I6's,but would definitely consider the EL hybrid which gives you the best of both.
I am hoping to be building a boosted SOHC engine myself, have spool rods (E-series) high flow oil pump,duel valve springs etc.....

Anyway not sure if this helps,you should also check out the Build section on Boostedfalcon.net which has some incredible SOHC builds :twisted:

Legend mate thank you heaps, I’d love to see your build when it’s done sometime. Go hard man, show em that barras aren’t the only good ford 6

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]