Fordmods Logo

drivers side door loom removal xr6 2002 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: drivers side door loom removal xr6 2002
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford xr6 2002

New Zealand

hello everyone , im stuck , i need to remove my drivers door loom ,and reinstall a new one ,and i cant seem to figure out where it connects to the main loom, i have a 2002 ba xr6 ,
can anyone tell me please ,how i find where it connects to the main loom , ive been told its on the pillar, but i have pulled off the plastic offf the pillar, but still cant see where to find it all ..
couild anyone please tell me the correct steps to replace the loom ???

Post subject: Re: drivers side door loom removal xr6 2002
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:53 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

eagleneilnz wrote:
hello everyone , im stuck , i need to remove my drivers door loom ,and reinstall a new one ,and i cant seem to figure out where it connects to the main loom, i have a 2002 ba xr6 ,
can anyone tell me please ,how i find where it connects to the main loom , ive been told its on the pillar, but i have pulled off the plastic off the pillar, but still cant see where to find it all ..
could anyone please tell me the correct steps to replace the loom ???

easy peasy...........

step 1 - [no not the jocks] open drivers door ...

step 2 - have a look at the top door hinge .... just below it is the connector for the drivers door loom.

step 3 - make sure glass is up & remove door trim. be carefull with the mirror switch otherwise you will break it. wiring plug clips into switch, use a small flat screwdriver to lever the clip piece. only need to open it slightly otherwise you break it.

step 4 - undo all clips/connectors

step 5 - push down on door loom plug [where it goes in to 'A' pillar] clip on the top of the plug [it's just under the black rubber boot]. pull out with a downward/straight pull to remove.

step 6 - there are two plugs to come out of the 'A' pillar. one large & one small. remove one at a time & unplug, make sure you DO NOT let the smaller plug fall back in as it will be hard to find it again without stripping car apart.

step 7 - remove unclipped door loom via where it goes in the door. so remove loom out the front hole with the tail last piece out.

step 8 - install of replacement loom is just the reversal of removal.

any questions - just ask

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:22 am 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

many many thanks for that , ill follow your directions ...i was stuck ..awsome help , ill do that straight away ..you have been a bighelp,ill let you know how i go ...

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

many thanks for that info , when i really looked deep in the door , the person i bought it off, had pulled the connector into the door ,no placement of grommets at all, once i had found it ...the connector .....i pulled it back out of the door and put it where it should have been ....grommets and all ..
mamy thanks ,for your help , i really appreciate it ..i would of been stuffed without your help

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:39 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

no problamo .... hopefully i've written it all down correctly for you. :mrgreen: :roll:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]