Post subject: Re: ba manual conversion.
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

SWC wrote:
frankieh wrote:
HEH.. I just did the manual conversion on my XR6T last night.. it's all working, but the computer is still auto so it flashes D and seems determined to stop me going over 40kpm.

trying to figure out if there is a way to trick the BA like with the earlier models. I don't think there is because the BA PCM stops you reving past 3.5k if you are not in gear so tricking it to think it's in neutral is problematic.

rgds

Frank

You need to program the PCM from auto to manual.

yeah, I spent 5 hours trying to do a PMI successfully with IDS so I could put a manual tune on instead.. have to swap to binary edit now and see if I can copy a mates manual tune onto it.. if they have the same version pcm it should work.. I successfully copied my XR6T rom onto a non XR PCM of the same series.. it's no good to use because the non turbo PCM's in BA's have an empty third plug. (no pins) but it proved the concept for me.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:12 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003 Ford Falcon BA XT

VIC, Australia

orangeshannon wrote:
flywheel, used clutch (turned out to be the wrong one), icc, steering wheel with barrel and key, shifter, pedal box, wiring loom and ecu

Hey mate, can you tell me if replacing the steering wheel and ICC is absolutely necessary?

Also what is the purpose for replacing the ICC?

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:41 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Angent56 wrote:
orangeshannon wrote:
flywheel, used clutch (turned out to be the wrong one), icc, steering wheel with barrel and key, shifter, pedal box, wiring loom and ecu

Hey mate, can you tell me if replacing the steering wheel and ICC is absolutely necessary?

Also what is the purpose for replacing the ICC?

don't need to replace the column nor the ICC but will need to get the manual PCM flashed to the 'new' car. don't forget this was a few years ago. if you read again they swapped everything from the donor to their car, hence swapping column/ICC etc.

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:17 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003 Ford Falcon BA XT

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
don't need to replace the column nor the ICC but will need to get the manual PCM flashed to the 'new' car. don't forget this was a few years ago. if you read again they swapped everything from the donor to their car, hence swapping column/ICC etc.

Thanks mate! I don't know much about PCMs or ECUs - is it possible to just use a PCM from a donor manual car? Or is the re-flash required regardless?

Also I'm assuming a PCM flash is something only Ford can do?

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:02 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

it's not so much a 'flash' if you have the required manual PCM but more a 'system reboot' as the new PCM will not talk to the BEM/ICC/Cluster otherwise which is why i mentioned FORScan. i will be using FORScan to get my 'new' system to talk to each part as i will again be changing the ICC, but will also be changing the BEM and then later the PCM. have used FORScan to fit a colour ICC in place of my other half's monochrome ICC. have also used FORScan to check a few ICC's out in a BF Fairymont using Falcon/Territory ICC's with territory BEM's. i fitted an XR ICC to my Futura. so FORScan can be your friend.

you could use everything from a manual donor but it still may not work as i changed my column/PCM/ICC & i think BEM so i could get around the security. didn't work & i'm not sure why?. it would start & drive but then go into limp mode as soon as it changed from 1st to 2nd. ended up reverting everything but the column back to original & then 'marrying' the PCM/ICC/BEM/keys using as mentioned .... FORScan.

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2