Fordmods Logo

Slight coolant leak from Vaille converter 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Slight coolant leak from Vaille converter
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon BF 2006

NSW, Australia

Hey all. Need some general advice - got a 2006 BF on factory / dedicated gas.
I’m getting a slight coolant leak from below the converter. Only very slight and almost no coolant loss at all.
I’ve heard these systems can get condensation on them but I assume any condensation shouldn’t contain coolant….

I’ve got a gas place taking a quick look at it next week but they did say they don’t know much about these and won’t do anything.
From anyones experience is it usually better to replace the converter with a reconditioned or second hand at the moment? OR with little to no coolant loss is there any issue with just a watch and act scenario if it gets any worse?
Gasket kits online are around $200+ and then labour in removing / opening it would be the cost of a reco or second hand. Second hand are $200, reco if you can get them are around $500.

Post subject: Re: Slight coolant leak from Vaille converter
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:25 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

markw81 wrote:
Hey all. Need some general advice - got a 2006 BF on factory / dedicated gas.
I’m getting a slight coolant leak from below the converter. Only very slight and almost no coolant loss at all.
I’ve heard these systems can get condensation on them but I assume any condensation shouldn’t contain coolant….

I’ve got a gas place taking a quick look at it next week but they did say they don’t know much about these and won’t do anything.
From anyones experience is it usually better to replace the converter with a reconditioned or second hand at the moment? OR with little to no coolant loss is there any issue with just a watch and act scenario if it gets any worse?
Gasket kits online are around $200+ and then labour in removing / opening it would be the cost of a reco or second hand. Second hand are $200, reco if you can get them are around $500.

you already have some good answers from here https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11493112 as too your problem.

and sometimes it's easier to help point you to a wrecker/LPG place when we know where you are located.

Cheers

Ps. where you asked is the best place for getting an answer.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]