Fordmods Logo

AU door lock issue 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: AU door lock issue
Posted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford

NSW, Australia

Hi guys have a random issue with my falcon sedan AU2 door locks….

Key fob stopped working - cannot open drivers door manually with key….but I can lock it - car still starts though.

I can lock the drivers door via top push lock and this locks all doors except the passenger door - when I open the passenger door it unlocks the drivers door….

I tried to re-sync key fob via demister and wouldn’t read, key fob blinks but does nothing at all -won’t open boot or raise alarm either - tried to register new key fobs and no go there either - swapped both driver and passenger power lock mechanisms and no change.

The central locking switch on dash operates and locks driver door and rear doors.

Anyone experienced this before?

Any ideas what’s going on?

Maybe related……

I checked all fuses by pulling them and this seemed to kill my AU - when I went to start the car, the little red hand on the dash just continuously blinked at me instead of going off after the fuel pump primed - also most of the electrics stopped working like interior lights and power windows. I couldn’t start the car.

I disconnected the battery completely and waited an hour - no good - I then charged up the batter, was sitting at 50% - then reinstalled it (few hours later) and I distinctly heard something clicking and cycling in or near passenger footwell (I was at the battery).

Little red hand disappears and car starts but key fob doesn’t work, key won’t manually open drivers door and passenger door won’t lock….

Post subject: Re: AU door lock issue
Posted: Wed May 18, 2022 5:43 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Espanglar wrote:
Hi guys have a random issue with my falcon sedan AU2 door locks….

Key fob stopped working - cannot open drivers door manually with key….but I can lock it - car still starts though.

I can lock the drivers door via top push lock and this locks all doors except the passenger door - when I open the passenger door it unlocks the drivers door….

I tried to re-sync key fob via demister and wouldn’t read, key fob blinks but does nothing at all -won’t open boot or raise alarm either - tried to register new key fobs and no go there either - swapped both driver and passenger power lock mechanisms and no change.

The central locking switch on dash operates and locks driver door and rear doors.

Anyone experienced this before?

Any ideas what’s going on?

Maybe related……

I checked all fuses by pulling them and this seemed to kill my AU - when I went to start the car, the little red hand on the dash just continuously blinked at me instead of going off after the fuel pump primed - also most of the electrics stopped working like interior lights and power windows. I couldn’t start the car.

I disconnected the battery completely and waited an hour - no good - I then charged up the batter, was sitting at 50% - then reinstalled it (few hours later) and I distinctly heard something clicking and cycling in or near passenger footwell (I was at the battery).

Little red hand disappears and car starts but key fob doesn’t work, key won’t manually open drivers door and passenger door won’t lock….

Hi, when was the last time the drivers door lock was used with the key?, has the drivers lock assembly been removed from the car before?. as to the passenger door . . . . in the lock assembly there are plastic drive cogs that break, this is what is causing your problem re 'not locking' refer to link for an idea of what i mean.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/143140653640

how did you try to 'register' the key fobs?. have you used new batteries for the remotes?.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford

NSW, Australia

Thanks for your reply!

I swapped the passenger door actuator over….be random but not impossible for both to be stuffed and it was working before….

The car has been sitting for about 5years. I assume drivers side door actuator is original but I did replace it with a known good one and still no change.

Original key fob was long dead - battery and buttons stuffed.

Bought new key fob on eBay- trained it via 3x demister switch and it worked fine and all doors locked.

When I do go through the key fob learning process now I still get the auto door lock cycle to indicate the car is in “key learning mode” but when I press the key fob now it won’t learn and unlock or lock the doors….

And as said before…..key won’t unlock the door…..

BCM issue?

Posted: Thu May 19, 2022 4:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Espanglar wrote:
Thanks for your reply!

I swapped the passenger door actuator over….be random but not impossible for both to be stuffed and it was working before….

The car has been sitting for about 5years. I assume drivers side door actuator is original but I did replace it with a known good one and still no change.

Original key fob was long dead - battery and buttons stuffed.

Bought new key fob on eBay- trained it via 3x demister switch and it worked fine and all doors locked.

When I do go through the key fob learning process now I still get the auto door lock cycle to indicate the car is in “key learning mode” but when I press the key fob now it won’t learn and unlock or lock the doors….

And as said before…..key won’t unlock the door…..

BCM issue?

'might be' .... but i don't know. another way to check is disconnect your battery & remove BEM. open it up [BEM] & checkout circuit board for 'bad solder joins' ie cracks in the solder around the pins. if there is none seen, then who knows :lol:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]