Temp gauge problem EL Falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Temp gauge problem EL Falcon
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Falcon EL

NSW, Australia

Hi troops, I'm in need of some assistance for my 4.0 EL Falcon.

Got my old EL falcon back about a month ago and have been giving her some loving which she hasn't had in some while. Replaced o2 sensor ISC thermostat temp sensor she even got a new antenna and heater tap and a few other things.

Now I don't know if I've knocked something while carrying out these repairs or its just happened out of the blue but now my temp gauge is playing up.

At first it seemed to intermittent the needle would just on its own go to hot then cold then normal then back to hot or cold or normal again. I put the cluster in dia mode and it would say 130 then 10 minutes later driving it would just plummet to 30 then up to 87or so then back to 130 and yet the car is not overheating. Temp needle now goes straight to hot when it is started in the morning cold and stays there for the entire trip to work about 30 minutes. Car drives fine but doesn't like to start again when the engine is warm but I do mange to get it started.

Strange enough even with the temp sensor plug not plugged into the new temp sensor the temp gauge still reads hot that is needle pegged all the way on 130.

Can anyone try to enlighten me on what the hell is going on???? I've a XR6 cluster in my el and all other gauges work fine...

Post subject: Re: Temp gauge problem EL Falcon
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:03 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Just an update incase anyone else has similar problem, looks to be the new temp sensor. I took it out gave it a clean cleaned connection now seems to be working properly at the moment, I have another new sensor coming just in case.

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:08 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Territory 2020

VIC, Australia

It's overheating. Check the thermostat and water pump, also radiator coolant levels. once you get it running at normal temp again take it to the shop and have them do a chemical test to see if the head gasket was damaged or the block was warped or cracked as this usually happens when your car overheats.

Affordable SEO Services Search Engine Optimization

Last edited by KellyP on Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:13 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Turned out to be faulty temp sender that I replaced about 2 months or so ago, have replaced with another new one and now everything is fine.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]