Fordmods Logo

ToranaGuy - Got my kicks on Route 66! :-) 

Page 81 of 81 [ 1212 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuy - Got my kicks on Route 66! :-)
Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I agree Tony, stalker book group's suck.

Been a bit busy for pics of much car stuff, been working on my house.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:31 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Lol.......

Thanks but no thanks. I've got myself a new project in a dodge dual cab truck. Also bought a single cab and road killed it home...

Been way to busy in last year with houses to do much with the cars, but this year the main house gets finished and on I go to playing with cars and trucks again.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ok Fordmods,

So I haven't updated the thread since January. Lots been going on this year.

Finished the house I was renovating
Been busy setting up my new workshop.
Baby #2 was born. Family complete.
Wife bought another car, I think that takes us to 13 or so. I'm loosing count.
Had a few issues with the Ghia due to old age of some electrical components, replaced them.
Currently doing a heart transplant on Bombcar.
Done some work on a mates '39 Willys hotrod.
Done some design work on a hydraulic clutch setup for my Eseries. Might even try sell a few kits once I make up the mounting hardware. Wonder if there is much interest?

Stuff I need to get done this year....

Red Xr8 needs welsh plugs done, and I'm considering converting it to an auto with a high stall...
Get the dual cab truck running, and drivable to roadkill it home.
Roadkill my white Xr8 home from it's hiding place.
Rebuild the engine in the Tx5 turbo
Front end rebuild on a mates Ef v8 Wagon.
Minor rust repair and respray on Mighy Boy
Make hydraulic clutch setup ( have master & pull type slave ready, need to make hardware to fit them)
Make a couple of work benches on castor wheels for the new workshop.

I think that might take me the rest of the year, as I'm sure long the way I've got plenty to do to the new place.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:59 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF Egas Tonner

NSW, Australia

Its gonna be a busy rest of the year for you.

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

foggy wrote:
Its gonna be a busy rest of the year for you.

It sure will. Not that last year wasn't either....

I just looked back over that list. Looks a bit daunting. Im making progress on the bombcar, which is a nf 4.0 engine getting Ed accessories fit and dropped into the bay. Might have that back in by the end of the week.....

Here's something non car related I did to the house. Bathroom reno.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Got the new engine into the bombcar and it's running. Has a few electrical gremlins tho, might be the battery getting weak, I'm getting a poor pip signal in the dizzy during a cold crank situation. Hot crank is no issue at all. I've changed the dizzy, checked over earths ect, can't solve the issue just yet, so tomorrow I'm going to swap the battery for the one in my ghia and see what happens.

I've also been in contact with a mate who has bought himself a dingo, he is looking to trade some of my excessive firewood for some dingo work, which works well for me. I've got 6 or 7 tree stumps in the way of building two new sheds, so now I've got a way to remove them. The plan is to dig around the stumps a bit, then rip them out of the ground with either my yellow dodge truck or my landcruiser.

Then I can get onto building a shed to house a few more of my cars. Another project for this year....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey Fordmods,

It's been a long while between drinks on here. Been very busy, got some of my 2017 projects done and some rolled into 2018.

One project that rolled into 2018 was the welsh plugs in the red xr8. While the motor was out I modified & fit up my Au v8 intake setup with a threaded hole for the EB intake temp sensor in runner #5 like factory, (drilled & tapped by myself) and I also made up an adapter harness to fit the AU TPS & throttle body as well. So now I have a full AU top end on my rebuilt EB bottom end. Inc the Au MAF with EB electronics. New set of leads and some heat socks on the plug ends to keep the extractors from melting them.

Only running on LPG right now because the fuel pump died, but with the 5 speed behind the old 5.slow. It's not so slow anymore. The damn thing roars when you kick it in the guts, and it loves to fry tyres. The idle is lumpy and it's a handful to drive. I grin from ear to ear every time I take it out. I need to tidy up the red paint work, knock a few dints out of it, fix up the roof lining that's starting to sag, and maybe just maybe I'll give it a flog down the 1/4 mile track for a laugh one day in the future?

I roadkilled my white EB Xr8 home with a good mate riding shotgun. Had a blast! Had been sitting for a number of years, topped up the fluids, fit a battery, cranked it into life on LPG, got an unreg permit and drove it home from it's storage. Real roadkill style. The back brake rotors were very rusty and pads dragged bad. A car wash fixed that :-D.

I forgot the series 1 & 2 EB seat belts and stalks don't mix and match. We delt with it for the trip. Even got pulled over by the cops, but I had my permit so all was cool. It behaved well on the drive, as it should have, being a stock v8 with nothing more changed than LPG and extractors.

As 2018 draws to a close, things keep happening in my workshop, projects progress, repairs getting done on daily drivers, side projects get done ect. Mates car's and projects get a bit of work done on them too. Nothing has really gone to plan but I won't complain with how it's all turning out either.

Some side projects like fixing up my grandfathers old vintage saw bench he built many years ago from a 1950's saw bench diy kit and a 3hp electric motor, sitting on a rolling chassis he build from scrap timber, it now works well & let's me cut firewood for the workshop pot belly. That too has been a project to get it setup with a waste oil feed. Now I can burn off my waste oil with the drip feed setup, heat my workshop and use less timber in the fire too. Future upgrade is to fit a proper slow combustion wood fire with a fan, which would allow me to fit more wood in it, and heat the shed a lot more efficiently. Maybe before next winter. I'd also like to air condition the workshop before the heat of mid summer too. You can get a lot more work done when your not sweating your balls off or freezing them off lol.

I've also upgraded half my lighting in the shed to LED tubes. So much brighter and half the power draw. Used my farm truck's tray with a step ladder to get up there to do the tube swap. Truck comes in handy for all sorts of stuff!

I'll have to fix up my photobucket acct and post up a couple pics soon.

Yes I still have the torana. No I haven't had time to work on it in the last year. :-(

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:51 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
Hey Fordmods,

It's been a long while between drinks on here. Been very busy, got some of my 2017 projects done and some rolled into 2018.

I'll have to fix up my photobucket acct and post up a couple pics soon.

Yes I still have the torana. No I haven't had time to work on it in the last year. :-(

Cheers

ToranaGuy

why use photobucket?. i down loaded all the pics i had one there & went googlepics. so far so good :mrgreen:

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
why use photobucket?. i down loaded all the pics i had one there & went googlepics. so far so good :mrgreen:

Because I always have? Helps keep things away from my private backup photos?

I just really need to tidy it up.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:57 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hard to believe it's been 4.5 years between posts to my thread. Did a fair bit from 2018 up until the start of June 2022. Then I was rear ended while driving the red xr8, and it was bent badly. Economic write off. My spine copped a beating, the accident broke my drivers seat and I ended up in the back passenger seat. I was very lucky to hobble away from that accident.

When I finally recover from the accident, there is a few parts I can salvage from the wreck....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 81 of 81  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81