Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford has a new "face for the Chase" in NASCAR
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Two-time Australian V8 Supercar Champion Marcos Ambrose won't be the only new thing Ford fans see on the racetrack in the USA from 2006 with the unveiling of the Fusion model for competition.

The 2006 Ford Fusion race car, based on the production model that will hit showrooms in the USA later this year, has been officially named Ford Racing’s new race car for NASCAR competition.

The 2006 NASCAR Ford Fusion will make its competition debut at the 2006 Daytona 500 in February, and Ford teams will use it in next year’s NASCAR Nextel Cup Chase for the Championship, as well as Busch Series competition.

“We’re thrilled to be unveiling the new Fusion,â€￾ said Dan Davis, director, Ford Racing Technology.

“The Fusion production car represents a fresh, new attitude for Ford in the mid-size sedan line-up. This Fusion race car has the same bold look, and it represents an all-new era in our Ford NASCAR racing program.â€￾

The 2006 Fusion will become Ford’s first all-new nameplate car for NASCAR racing in 38 years, since the 1968 Ford Torino made its debut in both the showroom and on the racetrack.

The NASCAR Fusion will replace the Ford Taurus race car, which has captured four NASCAR championships (three Nextel Cup, one Busch), and 100 Nextel Cup victories since it made its competition debut in 1998.

“We’d like to send Taurus out with one more championship,â€￾ said Davis, noting six Ford drivers are currently in contention to qualify for the final, 10-race Nextel Chase for the Championship. “But the time is right to move on to Fusion.â€￾

Ford submitted the Fusion to NASCAR officials several weeks ago, and is awaiting a final, on-track test before the car is officially certified for competition.

“With Fusion’s dynamic new look, I think we have a car that NASCAR fans will easily recognize out on the track, in victory lane and in their own driveway," said Davis. "We’re excited, and I know our teams are as well.â€￾

Two-time V8 Supercar Champion Marcos Ambrose (Pirtek Racing) currently leads the 2005 V8 Supercar Championship standings. The Tasmanian has announced that he will leave Australia at the end of this season to pursue a drive in NASCAR competition.

"Here's hoping the Fusion can do what the BA Falcon did in Australia back in 2003 – win plenty of awards on the track and on the road," said Ambrose.

"It's an exciting time for me to be heading over to the US from 2006. Ford has clearly put a mark in the sand with the link between racing and car sales with the Fusion. I'm sure they'll get a great return in both stakes.

"Whether it's the 2006 direction with Fusion in NASCAR, the World Rally Championship and the Australian Rally Championship with Focus, Fiesta in Formula Ford in Australia, and of course the great return for Falcon in V8 Supercars, Ford is unmatched with its commitment to racing."

"I can't yet confirm if I will drive the Fusion in competition in 2006. We'll continue to work on our options next year with the Truck Series as well as Busch and Nextel Cup racing."

"Right now I'm focussed on the V8 Supercar Championship Series and giving it everything to win our third straight title."

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

what is a drivers seat in NASCAR worth these days??

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

NSW, Australia

ford fusion aye

why dont they call it ford pierre?

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:55 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Au Fairmont Wagon, BA Tradesman

QLD, Australia

any pics of the fusion?

FACTS ARE MEANINGLESS.

THEY CAN BE USED TO PROVE ANYTHING!

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

http://www.velocityjrnl.com/jrnl/2006/vmd9551ov.html

god that f**k is UGLY!!!!

even funnier, its only available with an I4 or V6..... tho interestingly there's a 6 speed auto....

Banned

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:13 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

yer man it is ugly looks like it has vectra lights....

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:48 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

[quote="Disco Frank"]yer man it is ugly looks like it has vectra lights....[/quot
Yeh, I was going to say Rodeo lights but same diff. It looks like another car but I cant put my finger on it, maybe a Jap car

FACTS ARE MEANINGLESS.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

2fishingdogs wrote:
Disco Frank wrote:
yer man it is ugly looks like it has vectra lights....

Yeh, I was going to say Rodeo lights but same diff. It looks like another car but I cant put my finger on it, maybe a Jap car
nissan maxima?

Banned

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Interceptor wrote:
http://www.velocityjrnl.com/jrnl/2006/vmd9551ov.html

god that f**k is UGLY!!!!

even funnier, its only available with an I4 or V6..... tho interestingly there's a 6 speed auto....

Lol, of course its only an I4 or V6 - it's an american ford!! What's the bet its front wheel drive as well?? Mustang and the Ford GT are the only decent sports/muscle cars FoMoCo make over there now... give them Falcon, i say.

It'll look awesome in race trim tho - they always do.

Anyone else here follow the Nextel series??

Happy wrote:
what is a drivers seat in NASCAR worth these days??

The late Dale Earnhardt made around $7million US per season + endorsements.... I think Ricky Rudd's recent contract was about $3million retainer + portion of race winnings (race winner of Daytona 500 gets about $1.5million... total prize pool of $17million for the race..)

So yeah... it's big bucks.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

Yeah mart, i use to follow it when it was the winston cup. But we recently got rid of foxtel and i havent seen it since. I saw that race where i think it was dale earnhart, died, it didnt look like he hit that hard, but it did alot of damage, it was a tradegy, but it happens in such a dangerous sport.

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

I've followed NASCAR for the last 10 years. Both the now defunct AUS series and the US series. Its a bit hard that I don't have pay TV but I try to catch a race.

The best modern NASCAR in terms of looks was the ford thunderbird which got replaced by the taurus. Picture a pro stock thunderbird but without all the drag trimmings.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
The best modern NASCAR in terms of looks was the ford thunderbird which got replaced by the taurus. Picture a pro stock thunderbird but without all the drag trimmings.

Hell yeah, 1993ish

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:

Lol, of course its only an I4 or V6 - it's an american ford!! What's the bet its front wheel drive as well?? Mustang and the Ford GT are the only decent sports/muscle cars FoMoCo make over there now... give them Falcon, i say.

Yeh its front wheel drive. And I agree that the falcon is one of the best 4door family cars in the world. Export them 8-)

FACTS ARE MEANINGLESS.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]