Fordmods Logo

Ba rims please help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Ba rims please help
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Fairmont

WA, Australia

i have a set of ba rims and want to get them on my el 1998 i need to get spacers how do i go about this. Who makes them are the welded on or what

Regards Brad

To be the best you must
beat the best

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

NSW, Australia

you would have to get a wheel adaptor.

a wheel adaptor "adapts" onto your hub, the same way a wheel would, this putting the offset out more to suite BA wheels.

most wheel companys sell them, but others don't because they are apparently illegal and not safe. Theres a company making BA XR6 rims to suite the EA-EL model falcons.

A wheel spacer on the other hand doesnt get welded on, its used the same was as a washer is used, just sliped over your hub, not bolted on or anything. These are definetly illegal if over 5mm thick.

Rob

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 32 GTR

NSW, Australia

Yep what Xchaser said.
I have BA XR6 rims on my 97 falcon, i used wheel adapters you can practically get them at any wheel shop i paid $300 for all corners, therefore $75 for every adapter and i got it all fitted.
They work a trat and i havn't had a problem with them yet :lol:

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

If you havn't already bought the wheels, then get the ones in the Pre-AU offset off eBay.com.au...

If you have got them, either sell them and buy the right ones, or go for the hub/wheel adapters (like has been said, don't touch spacers as they don't leave enough thread for the nuts and what not).
Hub adapters bolt onto your hub using your current thread, then there are new threads on the hub adapters which you bolt on your wheel making it the right offset.
A lot of wheel places don't sell them and may tell you that they are illegal (spacers are ilelgal, but hub adapters are legal in most states), but if they don't sell them, then they probably don't know the details about them anyways, so just keep looking till you find a joint that sells them. Bob Jane T Marts in Hobart sell them for a bit over $50.00 each, fully engineered and legal and fitted onto your car.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]