Fordmods Logo

Performance Issues 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Performance Issues
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:45 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

I have a 1991 EB series I Fairmont Ghia - 2.5 inch exhaust system with hi flow cat, K&N panel air filter, Genie Extractors, Splitfire plugs and leads and a Chiptorque chip tuned for all these mods - that is giving me concerns in regard to tackling steep inclines. In particular, for those in Sydney, Victoria Pass in the Blue Mountains.

I can have the car in low gear with the power economy setting set to power and my foot flat to the firewall and the car goes up that incline as though it has an anchor attached to its rear.

I am planning a trip to Wagga Wagga on Friday and I would like to know if there are any improvements that I can perform before Friday that will give this car of mine some grunt ??

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:14 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: eb xr6

WA, Australia

with the car u got and mods uve done u shouldnt have a problem up most hills. unless ur towing something... theres not much more u can really do within a couple of days to get more power out of the car... u could put a cam in that would give u a bit more pulling power!!!

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: FGX xr6

VIC, Australia

I've seen the accelerator cable on them frey above the exhaust manifold, and as a result they don't get full throttle. Get somebody to plant their foot to the floor (engine off of course) and check to see if you can open the throttle any more by twisting on the bit that the cable is attached to on the intake manifold.

-Dave

If you can't do the speed limit, get the F*ck out of the right lane!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]