Fordmods Logo

Footwell and Courtesy lights 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Footwell and Courtesy lights
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

hey guys,
how easy is it to place footwell and courtesy lights on the roof in a standard EA? (wagon) and also a fairmont interior light..... is it a matter of more wires or allot more than that?
cheers

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:36 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Fairlane

QLD, Australia

For the footwell lights, you just need the globes and some extra wire (thin stuff will do). The globes/holders are the same as the one under the shifter, and the holes will already be there for them, just twist them in, and solder up the wire under the dash. As for the roof light, i think from memory, you need to add an extra wire or two, but not certain. For the light itself, it should screw straight in.

EL GLI, White
Power windows, Fairmont/Ghia door trims, converted to manual, extractors, zorst, wade cam, stereo, Tickford ECU, Tickford body kit, XR wheel.....

Mods to come: 3:45 LSD sitting in shed!!

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:41 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

What about for a EF sedan then it is the same?

Is there one of Xyphoids docos on it at all?

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Low Na wrote:
For the footwell lights, you just need the globes and some extra wire (thin stuff will do). The globes/holders are the same as the one under the shifter, and the holes will already be there for them, just twist them in, and solder up the wire under the dash. As for the roof light, i think from memory, you need to add an extra wire or two, but not certain. For the light itself, it should screw straight in.

For the courtesy lights, you need a constant power, constant earth, and a switching earth for it to come on only when the doors are open. Theres already a constant power, but the light only comes on when the door switches are shorted to earth. The switch on the dash works in the same way, just shorting to earth. So we have a switched earth, and a constant power, but no constant earth. So just stick a wire straight to bare metal up in the light itself, using one of the mounting screws, and you should be fine. I think it bolts up the same, and should do you fine. Have fun :P

Oh and by the way, the courtesy/reading lights in the rear are expensive. I replaced both lenses and globe holder parts as the clips were broken off and theyd just hang. They cost me something like 36 dollars each. next time try bluetack :oops:

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:39 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

ahahaha! dang... i payed nothing for mne! n they were from a wreckers....
n thnkz 4 the info

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]