Fordmods Logo

EL Falcon security code 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: EL Falcon security code
Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF wagon

NSW, Australia

Hi just bought EL falcon wagon and security code been done wrong so showing ERR. Anyone know how you reset this. I will get right code from local Ford Dealer next week. Cheers aand Thanks Surfbum

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

you need to call up your local dealer w/ you VIN and they should give you the code - besides that, there isn't anything else you can do!

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hi Thanks for that but ERR needs to be cleared some how. Seen it done on a Toyota radio. Do I have to take radio to dealer or can someone help me? Cheers Surfbum :wink:

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon Panelvan

New Zealand

to clear the code thats wrong, pull the fuse out for the stereo for a few mins to let it reset .. then enter the RIGHT code :wink:

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hi XGPANELVAN. I might have a problem with the radio. It came up ERR as soon as I put battery in it!!! Thought it might have to be reset by special sequence of pushing buttons like toyota radios. Will try leaving power off for a while and see what happens. Thanks for all your help guys. :D

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Leaving the battery off wont help, leave it hooked up for "x" amount of time for it to clear itself so you can then reattempt to input the correct 4 digit sequence.
The 1st time i did it by mistake it took a few hours to reset itself..
The 2nd time in the new car i did it it took over 24hrs and then it was all good and ready again to have another go!
The more times you put the wrong codes in the longer the lock out time will be and in the end aparently will need to be serviced for it to be reset.
Take it to ford n have it done on the spot if its bothering you that much, if not just give it a day or so, id expect it to reset within 48hrs?
Hope this is of some help.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Post subject: Re: EL Falcon security code
Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU III XR6 ute (FULLY SIC)

WA, Australia

surfbum wrote:
Hi just bought EL falcon wagon and security code been done wrong so showing ERR. Anyone know how you reset this. I will get right code from local Ford Dealer next week. Cheers aand Thanks Surfbum

You need to leave it on for 3h with ACC ON. This will reset the error and code will apear on the screen again.
1 (3 consequential) wrong attempts disable the head unit for 30 min with ERR message
2 (second 3 wrong) disable unit for 1 h
3 (third time 3 wrong) will disable it for 3h.

PS/ read your manual (section 'Audio System"). And yes Ford MAY have the code. This is not allways the case my dad's AU didnt had the code with the car and Ford replace the radio so go figure. :) but you will need the VIN and proof of ownership.[/img]

Steve'O (SVME)
AUIII XR6 VCT, modified flame trowing exhaust with 'dumper' b4 the diff, Pursuit body kit, 17' mags, LSD, HID Xenon lights, APEXi 'interceptor', twin sub's, 3 amps, lowered 2.5in, SIC!

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:19 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

i guarantee you i didn't need to show any proof of o/ship! i called up the service dept at lynford, and was given the code over the phone in under 2mins! :D

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU III XR6 ute (FULLY SIC)

WA, Australia

uglybob wrote:
i guarantee you i didn't need to show any proof of o/ship! i called up the service dept at lynford, and was given the code over the phone in under 2mins! :D

Not that important I think :)
As long as you have got it. I have never used 'the service' :) but was told that they ask 4 o/ship. Anyways hope that the rest helps :lol:

Steve'O (SVME)
AUIII XR6 VCT, modified flame trowing exhaust with 'dumper' b4 the diff, Pursuit body kit, 17' mags, LSD, HID Xenon lights, APEXi 'interceptor', twin sub's, 3 amps, lowered 2.5in, SIC!

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:36 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hi guys i recently got myself an EF Fairmont Ghia and thought hmmm i should get the code as a backup.When i rang the dealership they said nope cant give it to you over the phone come in with the vehicle.Strange how every dealer is different i got it so no biggie.

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: EF waggin - gli/XR/ghia

NSW, Australia

My owner's manual says how to reset the error for my ED. I think it's something like hold the AM/FM button for a few seconds...

So try looking in your manual if you have one (and if you haven't already looked!).

Red goes faster, and chicks drive better

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]