Fordmods Logo

Wanted (looking for)!! Detailer - Urgent!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Wanted (looking for)!! Detailer - Urgent!!
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

As the tile says i am looking for a car detailer, i plan on enetring the AFD in SA during March. I also would like to enter my car into some of the judging events too. (b4 you say ne thing i know my car is stock thats not the point!)

I plan on making my XR6 look as clean and tidy as possible, as judging is on overall look of the car and not just what has been done to it. :wink:

I plan on fixing the mags myself but i still need the boot treated and cleaned up and the rest of the body as well, engine bay i can do myself.

Now is there ne one in SA that you would recommend to do a very good job? And or is thier ne one out thier who wishes to offer some help?

I plan on paying up to $300 so ne thing over that might not work out for me.

Cheers guys, oh btw there are s**t detailers in Victor so i guess i will have to go to Adelaide to get it done. :roll:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

SA, Australia

XRFan101 ive been a panel beater spray painter for the past 20yrs done a hell of alot of detaileing in that time so if your interestd get back to me.

Post subject: Detailer
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 AU1 Tickford XR6 VCT - galaxy

SA, Australia

What's the paint like?
If it is bad eg, circular swirls, marring, marks, scratches, get max to machine buff it (I've got one but need more training with it) and then we'll refinish it by hand afterwards
If MAX can't for whatever reason, take it to city car detailers in adelaide
Get them to wash it and give it a cut, swirl removal and polish and then we can refinish

For a white car, Poorboys EXP pure sealant (not a polymer) is brilliant
These are the usual refinishing steps I do with white

Clay
Paint cleanser (four star UPC or P21 S) or cutting compound
Poorboys SSR range (two to three steps)
Meg's #9 SMR
Menzerna FP
Final Glaze, polish or wet look polish
Then SEAL it a few times

Occasionally I will use Klasse AIO and SG to seal the paint.
Have half a dozen different sealants and heaps of waxes including Clearkote chocolate and also vanilla moose

I would need to see the car to organise what products to use

June 9 - Sept 3 - in boise idaho USA
Sept 5 - ressurecting the AU XR Falcon and back in the car scene

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Overall the paint is in mint condition, however there are a few areas that need attension such as the two small chips on the grill, the doors also have a few scratches and one deep one near the back of the car.

I also have 3 very small spots of surface rust on the back edge of my boot, and the inside of the boot needs to be treated as well as there are small dots of surface rust throughout the boot.

And i have 2 very small dents which need to be taken care of. :roll:

Now personally i know this prolly sounds like a big job but the areas that are effected arent really all that bad except a few. :?

Also when would be the best time to get it done, would i be right in saying that it should get done like a week or less b4 the event?

Thanks guys, when i can get some more info on how much it would cost to get this sort of stuff fixed up i will get back to you an try to arrange something. :P

Cheers for the replys

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

SA, Australia

I can supply the cutting compound and pollish be able to knock up some colour for brush touch wont cost you anything there if the small dents arnt hard to get into be able to pop them out without painting if Aurora 98 can help should be able to knock up a killa detailed car.

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Okay cheers MAX how about avalability for you, are you busy over the next 2 months? And where about do you live in Adelaide?

If you help me out that would be awesome and i would appreciate it very much. :P

How about you Aurora 98 would you be up for detaling my XR6? I can understand if you are too busy but i know you are a pro on this stuff so i would rather ask you than another person in Victor. :P I

How close to the event should i detail the car?

Okay the two dents- one is about half way down the outside of the Front passenger side. And is very small but it can be seen and the other is below the LH tail light.

If you guys can help me out i will PM yous and we can work it out from there, cheers guys.

Post subject: Detail
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 AU1 Tickford XR6 VCT - galaxy

SA, Australia

I've got a new job lined up in the city and that will be full time but still can do detailing on the side on some weekends

Realistically it's the products I use that should take all the credit, I'm just the monkey using it.
Can't help with popping out dents and painting but as for paint, glass and wheels, I will gladly help out all I can

Max can fix the dents and touch up
I have a pro rotary but need new pads and max to do it as I'm not a pro with them yet.
If max machine cuts the paint and removes scratches and swirls by using some of my poorboys world stuff, I'll hand finish it.

Surface rust is reasonably easy to remove with AUTOSOL or similar metal polish and clearkote vanilla moose.

P.S. If you got time, check out a pic of my car in the garage in the detailers room of Ford Australia forums.
It's not up to the standard that machine buffing masters at autopia.org can do but for a hand job I'm very happy.

June 9 - Sept 3 - in boise idaho USA
Sept 5 - ressurecting the AU XR Falcon and back in the car scene

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Cool, thanks Aurora will let you know how evrything goes. MAX a PM has been sent to you cheers :P

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]