Need some advice on buying a car a v8 xd im looking at 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Need some advice on buying a car a v8 xd im looking at
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Its a xd fairmont sedan, silver fox paint job ( its actually light metallic green but looks silver ), front bumper has minor scrape, car is very str8, not a lot of rust, very minor rust underneath where drivers guard meets drivers door, 3 5cent piece bits of surface rust on the roof, and a 5 cent piece hole in the engine bay, xe front, xf rear, recaro drivers seat but needs retrim, lowered with koni adjustables, Reset and lowered rear springs
** 1" drop blocks at rear
Lovells Front springs
Holden front stub axles (to lower the front), its generally a clean looking car, but apart from shiny paint is a bit average, chrome 12 slotters, disc lsd, ( not 9 inch ), C4 auto with stage 1 shift kit, new 2,5 inch redback single system, try-y extractors, mild cam, super torker manifold, now heres the intresting bit, its got 2x cfi throttle bodies on a adaptor running a motec comp ( mechanical injection i would imagine? ), twin o2 rush filters, on a dyno this car made 133rw kw, which actually seems rather s**t comsidering whats been done, im told its due to vavle boucne?, anyway guys i have given you as much info as i can and i want to know whether its worth a trip from melbourne to canberra to buy it, he wants 3700ono with reg and i assume rwc,
just want your input on this car b4 i commit to it
cheers lads

Succesful trades with bentles_eb, Pane, chunkz, xr8_dismantler, OBS35N, mrnasty, Steady ED, voxace, Mash85, ovo616, ef biff, lukey, dazza2924, Seannyb, gunit18, jkk, Tocchi,

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

133rwkw does seem a bit low, I would imagine its got a stock or close to stock cam in it, but the torque would be excellent. I don't like him using valve bounce as an excuse for the lowish dyno figure, that shows the heads may need a freshen up, but you should get an idea if you give it a hard test drive. Sounds like a good base with plenty of potential so if you are willing to do a bit of work I think it is a good buy, just use all the little faults to bring the price down.

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

why not ask a couple of the ACT members and see if they'll check it out for you?

Banned

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]