Fordmods Logo

unichips 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: unichips
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

does anybody know much about unichips and whatbenifits can be had by installing one i have an au xr8 220,with the standard computer dosent seem to adjust the the cold air intake and the new exhaust and onthe dyno i seems to dee tune itself. also withthe au auto when in topgear the cars seems to drop down a gear when you accelarate slowly but it dosent it just gives you that feeling. thanks guys

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:44 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR8

ACT, Australia

I have spent a bit of time finding out about the unichip but you need to make sure your buying it for the right reason. It probably wont change how the car changes between gear, but it will most certainly give you more out of each modification.

Theres a lot of difference in price between different places, but the way i recommend to pick it up cheaper is through ebay. Wait for one to come up there as you could pick it up for anything from about $200. Most shops tend to want about $500 for the first mapping, but i dont know what they charge for subsequent tuning after that.

It will certainly help getting the cold air system running at peak, and you will extract the most out of your exhaust mods too. If you are planning any other mods, probably do that before the uni chip or at the same time, cos since you cant tune the chip yourself, it will cost a few dollars each time you add new mods and want to get it retuned again. Pretty effective piece of work though. I gained an extra 10rwkw in my 185kw EL XR8 by putting it on, getting me up to 150.

There's no replacement for displacement...

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I had my unichip fitted by C+V in sydney, was 995 fitted, and have had some mods done since the fitting, it cost me 200 per return. Hope that is some help

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]