BEM / Smartlock doco 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: BEM / Smartlock doco
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

I have noticed that there is a great deal of confusion regarding E series BEM's.

some say that EA's etc don't have them, others don't know what colour theres should be, others don't know what sort of BEM they have, and some would like to know what each wire does.

So is any one interested in a FULL EA-EL Bem doco?

I will over all models (GL,GLi,Fairmont,Futura)
And all seriers (EA-EL)

i will also include smartlock wiring info for boxcar owners. As the EF one in the doco section is usless to EBII-ED and EL owners

any interest?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:55 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

yeh do it man. something like that would be really useful.

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:40 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

You'd probably be best to introduce an EA-ED/XG doco, as the central controller and smartlock modules are separate, maybe include where they're located as well.
Then put together amendments to the EF/EL docos - I have put in an amendment to the EF smartlock doco for the wire ID colours about 3 months ago - still hasn't been updated AFAIK.
I did submit an XH BEM doco around the same time as well - same result as above, have a look in my docos link in my signature if you want to view it, as alot of the info is similar to the EF setup.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
You'd probably be best to introduce an EA-ED/XG doco, as the central controller and smartlock modules are separate, maybe include where they're located as well.
Then put together amendments to the EF/EL docos - I have put in an amendment to the EF smartlock doco for the wire ID colours about 3 months ago - still hasn't been updated AFAIK.
I did submit an XH BEM doco around the same time as well - same result as above, have a look in my docos link in my signature if you want to view it, as alot of the info is similar to the EF setup.

yes, i was aware that the smartlock module was seperate to the BEM in EBII and ED's other wise i shouldn't be writing the doco in the first place :P

the only reason i thought i would include the EL is becuase i have the necessary information to do all.

But yes, i will start off with EA-ED and see what happens later with the EF and EL side of things

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:13 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Nah, I wasn't treating you like a noob - I just wanted to highlight that there are separate EF and EL smartlock/BEM docos - 3 actually (duplicate EF docos).
And also there are amendments in, so to let you know so you're not covering the same info down the track.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]