Fordmods Logo

AU2 XR6 VCT Tickford 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: AU2 XR6 VCT Tickford
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Guys, I have recently purchased a 2001 XR6 VCT Tickford falcon and am looking at a few ways to improve take off and mid range performance. I know threads are all over the place in this forum, but I am hoping it can be sumed up on this thread. I have already installed a k&n panel filter, but I dont have the tickford logo on the snorkel, but the badge is all over the car elsewhere. I'm based in adelaide, so JMM headers may not be a compromise. I also want to keep the stock cam, as I know the VCT motor can be a b**ch for performance enhancements. Anyone have Pace 4480's on their VCT and are their any gains? Sorry for the long thread, all your responses are appreciated.

AU2 XR6 VCT -PH4480 headers Redback 2.5inch High Flow Cat & cat back Henreich Edit KPM custom grind VCT Cam G & D intake Eagle spiral core leads Autolite Platimum Plus Plugs Leather Momo wheel Chrome highlights Custom sound system

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:44 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

umm the best ppl to talk to about the AUVCT is jmm from what i hear they aere about the only ppl who have gooten good gaisn from this motor
a good exhaust will help for sure. and the tickford snorkel allows for more airflow and u dont have it ti is from teh au3xr8

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

NSW, Australia

The 4480's, having a 6-3-1 design and a smaller and longer primary, are better suited to making power higher in the rev range. They will be an improvement over stock but I reckon the 4499's will give you more gains down low where you want it. The AU cats are pretty good so keep yours and from the cat back get a mandrel bent 2.5" exhaust and fit the tickford snorkel from Ford for about $28.

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

pacemakers are made in adelaide afaik maybe u could go to them and ask them for there recomendation

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]