Fordmods Logo

Is there a tweecer for EEC-V yet (EF V8) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Is there a tweecer for EEC-V yet (EF V8)
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR8(EF) & XR8BOSS290 Ute(FG)

NSW, Australia

I know there were some people playing around with these last year.
Just wandering if there was one out that will fit my EF XR8 :?: :?:

Better off with not enough traction than not enough power.

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Short answer? No

Long answer? No - if they were OBD-II compliant EEC-V (i.e. AU) would be easier, i think the people that did the BA flasher are working on AU. But they are not real EEC-V and not real EEC-IV....

Some EB-ED (i.e. ED sprint) EECs are supported by Tweecer but our EF V8's have a 104pin loom so cant use one of these older EECs in em.

Bugger eh?

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

WA, Australia

What are the advantages of the EF EEC, if I converted to an EB EEC to facilitate the use tweecer what would I be missing out on.

They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes!

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

EF 4.9 wrote:
What are the advantages of the EF EEC, if I converted to an EB EEC to facilitate the use tweecer what would I be missing out on.

Thermofan controls... can be fixed with tweecer tho. My understanding of EF EEC is that it's an EEC-V with the EEC-IV memory maps loaded. So EEC-V prolly has better processing power, more memory (and in later versions, OBD-II) but doubt if the driver could tell the difference.

Cant 'convert' to an EB EEC tho.... EB EEC will have a 60 pin harness.... EF/EL V8's have a 104pin.... unless you wanna change to an EB loom.... but then i think issues with dashboard.... brad?

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I think we need Pete to post a info thread on what fits what and what Aussie EEC is Tweecer compatible, then make it a sticky, maybe even a doco for docos section down the track.

I think Brad and Matti would be into that idea.

I can't do it as I am currently a powerless senior moderator, don't believe my avatar name, I did that when I had senior moderator powers, but now I am just like everyone else, no more changing EF SVO's avatar to Senior Moderator Pandabike Rider and adding the picture etc, no more fat chicks locked to Scott840 avatar, no more custom "Free Fellatio Lessons" avatars for special members, no more deleting those FUCĶING annoying double and triple posts, and no more fixing spelling mistakes so bad it makes you wonder how the person actually worked out how to post.

hmm this should be in FLAMING section, if I was a mod I would probably advise myself to post in there, not the ECU & Fuel System section, so get f**k Damage, I am not going to do it!!!!

P.S Please fix this and I will play really nice with you Mr Icemagic from AM

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

WA, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:

Thermofan controls... can be fixed with tweecer tho. My understanding of EF EEC is that it's an EEC-V with the EEC-IV memory maps loaded. So EEC-V prolly has better processing power, more memory (and in later versions, OBD-II) but doubt if the driver could tell the difference.

Cant 'convert' to an EB EEC tho.... EB EEC will have a 60 pin harness.... EF/EL V8's have a 104pin.... unless you wanna change to an EB loom.... but then i think issues with dashboard.... brad?

I guess you would also have issues with the EF/EL trip computer.
If the memory maps are the same why can't they be edited with Tweecer, Im assuming that they are encoded diffrently or something.
I prolly have no real need for a tweecer annyway. Apparently The standard EEC handles modifications well annyway.

They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes!

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Bingo. Can pull the binary dumps out (i.e. using SonOfEECSucka) but need to know what is located in which part of the memory. Each different catch code has scalars/maps located at different hex location in the memory... so need to crack each catch code seperately. 4DED (likely to be the one you have, its in mine and a few ppl over here have em as well) is a fairly common V8 EEC (ie. non XR8) so if anyone ever gets going on these EECs i'd say we'll be one of the first cabs off the rank.

Yeah MAF EEC will adapt fairly well to minor mods as far as fueling goes.... copes a lot better than speed density system like I6.

I'd love a tweecer... but CAPA did pretty well with the chip, should be fine until i change anything else. Prolly easier to go aftermarket anyways...

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR8(EF) & XR8BOSS290 Ute(FG)

NSW, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
Yeah MAF EEC will adapt fairly well to minor mods as far as fueling goes.... copes a lot better than speed density system like I6.

The annoying thing is that there is a s**t load of power right through the rev range available by tinkering with the ignition curves.

Better off with not enough traction than not enough power.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]