Fordmods Logo

Gas research throttle body 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Gas research throttle body
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:33 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a gas research under bonnett kit for my turbo setup and was wondering if anyone knows the size of these throttle bodies compared to say a ed throttle body?.

Has anyone got one of these off their car that they could measure for me?. I was after the length of the throttle body to see if I can clear my radiator and thermos with the cooler pipes hooked up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

When i was fitting it to my EF I measured and they were the same ID. I'll take some more measurements of what you want after work this evening if I get a chance.

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:39 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
When i was fitting it to my EF I measured and they were the same ID. I'll take some more measurements of what you want after work this evening if I get a chance.

That would be great if you could. Just seeing what sort of space I have to work with. I might go end see my local gas research joint this week and get a price on an under bonnett kit.

I just didnt want to buy a kit and find out that it wont work with my setup.

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:33 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Who the feck are "the local" Gas Research joint in Geelong? Go and see the fat bloke at Auto Gas Supplies in Nth Geelong. He has an attitude but is the most knowledgeable person in the field i have ever come across.

I'll take some measurements if i can find the time. Got a couple kits on the shelf at home as well as a Century M6 convertor. Btw if you ever come across another M6 grab it. I'll happily trade anyone for B2's.

Aaron

EA SVO Fairmont Ghia - Recaros, Bilsteins, Sunroof, SVO rims and body kit, Genie headers, DBA rotors. T5 steeda triax short shifter. 3.27 lsd. (EL 4.0 ported/polished, rebuilt and balanced, Dev5 cam. J3 chipped EL ecu, AU injectors).

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:24 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Lister automotive in belmont. Its on the gas research website. I went and saw them this week and he sounded like he knows the gas research product pretty well.

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:55 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Ah Lister.....right. Look i'm not here to bad mouth anyone but a friend of mine had his z18 powered datto 1600 wired up for a microtech there. They totally botched it and didn't even get it running! Maybe it was one of the other staff there, the apprentice, a drunken mate who helped on the day...who knows. Lister himself is pretty knowledgeable and the GRA carb is easy to set up anyway.

Take my advice, buy the under bonnet kit and DIY with parts from Auto Gas Supplies. Think its in Lillian St Nth Geelong behind seagull paddock.

EA SVO Fairmont Ghia - Recaros, Bilsteins, Sunroof, SVO rims and body kit, Genie headers, DBA rotors. T5 steeda triax short shifter. 3.27 lsd. (EL 4.0 ported/polished, rebuilt and balanced, Dev5 cam. J3 chipped EL ecu, AU injectors).

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:16 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I ordered the throttle body and 2 b2 converters today with alloy lids and primer.

It sounds like you have fitted a few of these setups before you wouldnt happen to know what other bits and pieces I need to finish the setup?.

I know I will need the lockoffs for the converters, fittings and hose for getting the boost to the converters.

Other than the bracket to mount the converters am I missing anything?

Jets and metering rod?.

I might have to make up a list of stuff ill need and ill go and get prices from auto gas supplies.

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]