where can i get a direct injection gas system done 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: where can i get a direct injection gas system done
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford AU series 2 Wagon

VIC, Australia

Where can i get a direct injection gas system done
how much would i be looking at paying for one of these setups?
do i get a increase or decreasse in power?
Is my kilometers per full tank going to be reduced running a direct injection gas system?
can this be done to my AU series 2 Wagon?
i don't want dual fuel i want straight gas so do i get the fuel tank removed and the spare wheel moved into the tailgate?
How much is it going to cost to fill the tank?

wagoff

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:15 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: BA

NSW, Australia

When i was looking into direct injection, the kit was around $4000. I dont know if it has change yet.
You do get more power then a noraml gas setup. dont know about how much fuel it would use. Im pretty sure you can not get direct injection gas to be duel fuel. They will most likely put the tank where the spare wheel is as if they put it where the fuel tank is they have to worry about clearance. You only can fill a gas tank up to 80% of its max holding capacity. it depands on price and how much is left in ur gas tank. for me to fill up about 65-70 litres it cost me about $24. Thats around 45-50 cents per litre. Highest i seen gas is around 60-65 cents per litre.

Now the question is that do you think direct gas injection system is worth more then ur car? if so dont bother in my advice. But if you want to get gas for your car, ill say to get gas injection kit over the converter.

"Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits."
"Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head."
"Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one."

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:17 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: BA

NSW, Australia

yeh also the goverment is going to raise the price of gas with in the next 5 years i think. Someone corrent me if im wrong.

"Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits."
"Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head."
"Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one."

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Yeah the tax on gas is going up 2.5c a year, for the next five years, but will be capped at an extra 12.5c on top of what it is already.

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:01 am 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

parnell lpg systems do gas vapour injection at laverton

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

hard driver wrote:

Yes they do, i have one fit to my EB. Can't fault the hardware, but i can't say much for their workmanship tho, i won't discuss it here tho. Maybe it's improved since i had my setup fit. They have changed the provider of the hardware since i've had mine fit, but the system is essentually the same.

As for the dual fuel question, the parnell system retains ALL the petrol system, as it MUST start on petrol every time. I use about $10 worth of petrol every 2 or so wks, sometimes less, sometimes more, depends on how oftern i have to start the car.

If you want straight LPG, only option is Gas Research from the aftermarket, afaik.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hard driver wrote:

Have heard very, very bad things about the workmanship, service & attitudes of these guys, so tread with caution!

There are a number of threads on fordforums.com.au in the LPG section started by very unhappy customers.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Private9 wrote:
hard driver wrote:

Have heard very, very bad things about the workmanship, service & attitudes of these guys, so tread with caution!

There are a number of threads on fordforums.com.au in the LPG section started by very unhappy customers.

Yes, i could say a few bad things about the attitude of a few mechanics there. Especially their diagnostic's of issues.

Put it this way, i have to get my setup tuned there, as RapidFlow don't have the gear to tune it, otherwise i'd stay right away from parnell. RapidFlow are going to be doing the LPG in my torana turbo setup.

I wish i could get my hands on the tuneing software & cable, i'd be taking it to RapidFlow to get tuned. System is long outta warrenty already, been in the car almost 3yrs now.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

I've got an excellent LPG man out Sunshine way if that's near you!?!?
Direct injection are the way to go, there are a large range of tanks these days so it's best to talk to an installer and tell him what you want.
I got 560 k's to 66 lt in my AU 5.0 on a trip, that's with a simple mixer setup, i'm sure the injection would have got a lot more.

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Walker wrote:
I've got an excellent LPG man out Sunshine way if that's near you!?!?
Direct injection are the way to go, there are a large range of tanks these days so it's best to talk to an installer and tell him what you want.
I got 560 k's to 66 lt in my AU 5.0 on a trip, that's with a simple mixer setup, i'm sure the injection would have got a lot more.

You have a PM dude!

Yes, LPG Injection is the way to go. Why have a modern car with computer control of the engine, then fit an antiquated LPG system that will strangle the refinement & power output of your engine? That was my reasoning when i talked to Parnell about the conversion, and was shown a prototype BA LPGI Falcon. I advised i was willing to pay to get it fit to my ford, even tho it wasn't a commercial product at the time. It was definatly worth it, performance & economy wise over std conversions.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

If i end up keeping my Lane for the long haul then i'll probably go with injection, but she runs good at the moment with the current setup so i'm pretty happy with it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]