Fordmods Logo

LPG CANT SUPPLY MOTOR ENOUGH GAS ? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:53 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Falcon EF

SA, Australia

yeahh i have heard that after someone fitted that manual powervalve to me other car and was told by someone else it was illegal, anyway fingers crossed the irontite is in and hopefully that sorts me whinging out for the time being as i may have a complete but damaged el fairmont ghia tickford arriving in the family real cheap,therefore dont wanna spend $500 on this donk

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Power: 203 rwkw

VIC, Australia

OK omvl converters respond to ram air alot more sensitvly then other converters due to the large rear diaphram that the ram air acts on..
Take it for a drive with youre airbox snorkle pulled of (the thing that goes from the air box to over the radiator) and see how it behaives..
Check that there is a balance hose from the lower air box to the rear of the converter if there isnt itshould stall at every stop im guesing there is.
Some times a small hole needs to be drilled in the elbo on thebalance hose fitting on the converter.

But man removeing youre snorkle will tell u either way

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:02 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Falcon EF

SA, Australia

ok cool dude the bloke who fitted it drilled a 50mm hole in the in take at the bottom,the balance pipe does go to the lower half of the airbox,and im pretty sure he said theres a hole drilled in the bottom of the airbox to restrict the airflow to the converter ?? i do believe however me head gasket is on the blink as my plugs were green mate,ive just cleaned them and dropped in some more irontite and shes been running pretty good,just waiting on the possible purchase of a wrecked el with tickford running gear before spending money on this motor, thanks for your advice shall try that if problems persists after soughting out these other issues first

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2