Fordmods Logo

Interior Paint 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Interior Paint
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:46 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

I am intending on painting the inside of my car, just dont know what colour.

Thats my car the outside colour (my sig pic is off the car so its also there)

I am thinking black around the chrome handles and on the 3 pillars just around the dash unsure of what colour. I intend on putting some silver on the cluster has I have front seat covers coloured silver and black.

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

i wouldn't use silver anywhere in a car. no matter what i did, silver always looked like an amatuer. Pick a colour and go with it. i am going paint all the gray plastic in the car black because black goes with everything.

when i get the car (its the family car soon to be mine) and have the money i am going to get the whole car redone in a blue and the black will still go with it.

the thing is with your car is its an interesting colour the cant be matched with much. If i were you i would either go black or white (tones go with everything). if you are going to spray around the cluster i would go the same colour as the car. And parts like around the radio and stuff i think would look mad the same. the only thing you have to be careful about is that you dont paint parts eg the coloum between the front and rear doors the same colour as the car because it will look tacky because it will follow on from the actual body paint.

So in conclusion black, white or the body colour and not silver. individual plastic parts that do not go near the body paint so it does not look like the painter just continued spraying th next part of the car. Cluster, radio facia thing, the plastic in ef-el on top of the glove box, centre console bit. The rest black.

I say:
GO FOR IT

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:24 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

Cheers mate will post pics when its done (might take a while).

Also can anyone tell me the code for the paint on my car?

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:50 pm 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

Ok here is a VERY QUICK Photoshop job of my interior.

The main colour you see is the colour of my cars exterior.

(NB: Photo is a link to a bigger photo)

A few points of advise and comment:

A) The Futura Badge above the glovebox. Since the Futura badge is red I was thinking black.
B) Headlights on Switch. Contray to the pic I am now thinking of a coloured switch and a black background it sits on.
C) Center Air Vents - Dont know yet how to get these off but when I do, coloured or black central bit?
D) Side Air Vents - Dont know yet how to get these off but when I do, coloured or black central bit? Same or different to centre vents?
E) Trip COmputer - I was thinking black, to contrast against the main colour.
F) Rear wiper/Power airel/Rear demister switches and bezel - Once again thinking back as a contrast.

Also a few more points I would like advise on:
1) Cluster colour. My mate just painted his EF Dash silver and chucked in the Blue LED Globes, so maybe silver or car colour?
2) Area aroun the power windows switch - I think this should be the main colour to keep it going within the car.
3) Also the dark blue part on the steering is for a metal abdge to repalce the one on the stock wheel.

Thanks for your help and advice all.

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

i think the car colour code will be on the complaince plates or one of the plates under the bonnet. If not there check the manual with the piece of paper inside the front cover with you information and stuff.

also mate depending what you wanna do. Go to the wrecker and get the parts that you wanna spray. It may cost $30-$50 but if you stuff up or you get sick of it you can always put the originals back in.

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: KH Verada Xi

VIC, Australia

if you want a tip... FINISH the job in one go. Interia's look s**t house when only certain panels are painted, and the others are stock. Well, that's my opinions anyway. If you're going to colour that section of your dash, make sure that you co-ordinate the aircon vents, aircon control panel, clock, power windows, radio surround and all that jazz along with it. otherwise everything looks out of place.

I'm built for luxury, Not speed!

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:23 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

how full-on do you want to make the interior? personally, i'd do it in black - not too harsh on the eyes, and blends in with everything.

check out azza's gallery - he's done his in black, and it looks tops. wchunke (spelling?) also has done his in lime green - interesting colour choice, but worth checking out to see what parts he's done. MRE-40L the same - good to look at others to see what parts have been colour-coded.

i reckon your colour might look odd inside the car - i know where you're coming from with keeping it the same, but it might look better in a neutral colour - i.e. black! :P

R.I.P. Scotty

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]