Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Can someone confirm what this ECU is from
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I have a ECU that is supposedly from a V8 ED auto, it has no stickers on it other than the half torn off J3 cover.

Printed on the connector in pretty pink is:
9339 1106
E9AF 14A625 AA

f**k if I know what I am going to do with it now, a mate that had my XD for a while wanted it back again, so I am Ford less again for a while, I wasn't doing anything with the XD at this time, as I haven't got the money to play with it, and it doesn't fit in to the grand scheme of what I currently want to do with cars at the moment. So a deal was made for me to get the 2 RX7 IV turbos back, plus all his Ford EFI gear and Fairlane BEM

Not so interesting is the bank and map 5.0L truck ECU (EEC-IV EFI-SDI F6F24, E6TF-12A650-K1A) and wiring etc I have, it might be good for a project down the track i.e stock V8 in a ride on mower :twisted: Mate fitted a old Honda Civic engine to his mower so I want to fit a V8, again a grey hair project, but I reckon the ICS should be able to work as the governor etc, you wouldn't be able to use the throttle mowing etc, mate has problems with his Civic powered mower going to fast to mow the lawn.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:55 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

What other lettering is on the truck EEC label? There should be a 3 or 4 character code in larger lettering than the rest.

Pete.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EA Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

Quote:
you wouldn't be able to use the throttle mowing etc, mate has problems with his Civic powered mower going to fast to mow the lawn.

If you only had a 1:1 gearbox you could use the throttle when mowing.

Going to fast, so use less throttle, what you need then is the blades to turn slower at high speed so they can cut the grass and not act like a helicopter and force the grass flat.

Full working BA Shifter now upgraded to BF Shifter.
BA headlight inserts in my EA headlights.

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dellboy999 wrote:
Quote:
you wouldn't be able to use the throttle mowing etc, mate has problems with his Civic powered mower going to fast to mow the lawn.

If you only had a 1:1 gearbox you could use the throttle when mowing.

Going to fast, so use less throttle, what you need then is the blades to turn slower at high speed so they can cut the grass and not act like a helicopter and force the grass flat.

I think the helicopter effect was happening to the mate with the Civic engined mower, he was talking about changing pulley sizes etc (which have to be custom made) to gear it down for both blades and rear drive.

Depending on tyre size, I probably will not want it 1:1, which would make it a 100kmh+ lawn mower if you used the throttle. LOL

My idea was the torque at idle would be far greater, than most ride on lawn mowers have at top rpm. The ISC would add the little extra throttle (well it is like it) that would be required for hills etc, if a 1700kg LTD can drive onto a hoist with using no throttle, I am guessing around a 400kg ride on, cutting grass up a hill would be dead easy at idle.

My old boss had a Mazda 4X4 Bravo Twin cab fitted with a VX Ecotec V6, in low range and first gear, the ICS could drive it up some of the steepest terrains without using the throttle.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
What other lettering is on the truck EEC label? There should be a 3 or 4 character code in larger lettering than the rest.

Pete.

Other than a square white sticker on top of the J3 cover with RK on it, this is all the factory markings.

Excuse the quality of the pictures, I did them on a old webcam.

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:00 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

RK is the catch code.
I've never seen that one but it is likely an '86-'87 5.0 truck EEC.

Pete.

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
RK is the catch code.
I've never seen that one but it is likely an '86-'87 5.0 truck EEC.

Pete.

Yeah it is supposedly out of a 1986 Ambulance, :lol: is it any good for anything, if it is, I can send it to you with the other ECU for you to pull the catch code.

I nearly have all I need to assembly a 5.0L using truck ECU, wiring and stock HO intake etc. (I haven't got a truck top intake and throttle body)

But I would have nothing to put it in and it probably wouldn't run right anyway, the skin on the baked custard would definitely stay intact.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]