Throttle bodies? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Throttle bodies?
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

If I was to fit EFI to a clevo would i be better off using the stock XF throttle body fitted to an adapter or should I use an off the shelf holley or motec 4bbl carby style throttle body? The car will run a map sensor if It goes ahead.

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

Personally I would run a SEFI system from the Windsor EFI engines. Far better performance and economy compared with the carby/CFI style setups, it also gives you the ability to run MAF which is another advantage.

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

SA, Australia

If you are going to use an aftermarket computer with MAP I'd get an old holley with mechanical secondaries and turn that into a four barrel TB.

Get rid of the tanks, take of the venturies, lose the choke. This is what I was going to do with my 351C. I have a Redline Street Torker alloy manifold setup for a four barrel TB or carby and has injector bosses cast into it for EFI. They need to be drilled out.

This is the cheap way into it. The manifold cost me about $400, I think. A rooted holley cost you more than about $50. I also planned to use a megasquirt ECU. Would have been great. Been put on the back burner until I find another XB coupe to put it in.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:56 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Injection Connection in Perth have a homemade efi manifold for a Clevo motor. I think he is asking $800 for it. AFAIK it just needs the injectors. There should be a picture of it in the parts for sale section of www.kalmaker.com.au

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Anyone seen the CHP crate motors for sale from VPW. The 347 injected stroker runs a 90 degree adapter with a big bore modern throttle body bolted on so its a direct replacement engine for a late model 5.0 EFI. I plan on using a megasquirt as well as this will be my personal project while I'm at university. For the rest of the fuel system I'm thinking of 2 VL turbo pumps and some TR magna injectors. How much does an off the shelf EFI holley 4bbL throttle body cost?

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:28 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Holley type tb's range from $800 up to about $1100. But compared to a Holley they already have TPS mounted, have excellent sealing on the throttle shafts, and the linkage works smoother and won't stick like the Holley can sometimes. Most have an IAC provsion too.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]