Fordmods Logo

reaching 200fwkw 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

The V8 EEC IV & V's can handle really big horsepower because they are MAF based. THe I6's unfortuntely run a MAP sensor as its primary load sensor, and these are easily thrown out by cam changes and other mods. You can get the I6 EEC to 180rwkw withotu mods but they usually don't have great AF ratios because the load scaling is out.

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

I6's are limited to about the 190rwkw NA due to a lack of valve area which reaches a point of diminishing return once you reach really wild duration figures. The MAP can be tuned to big figures but you still have flow probs in the I6 with NA.

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Bert wrote:
My aplogies but I quickly wrote that reply just before I went to bed. What I meant is that the EECV won't handle 200fwkw because larger injectors or fuel pressre mods are needed. AND that the Wade 1004 is too small to support 200fwhp NA.

200fwkw would need something with at least another 10deg more duration @050" and slightly more compression, not to mention better fuel system.

Bert you need to read those dyno graphs, those are for RWKW not FWKW, a very big difference, and there is no fuel system changes.

Take note of the second graph, that is 170RWKW, no ECU or fuel system mods, that is a Dev5, if you want Dev5a which is another 5kw and rough idle, you have to fit a chip to the ECU.

If you ask around you will find there is a lot of I6 members with higher RWKW than 158kw still using the stock ECU, standard fuel reg and injectors. Having to resort to the Wolf sounds like it was a poor combo and if EPA pulls them over, it will be over for them, aftermarket ECUs are a clear no no, as you can alter emissions to easy( I bet it isnt hidden).

And until you drive a JMM vehicle I don't think you should be commenting it will be lazy part throttle just yet, just because you setup didn't work doesn't mean a company that has researched packages doesn't work.

We are not sponsored by JMM, so we can say what we like, but I haven't seen a bad word about their Dev kits yet, unlike a few companies that throw cam and chip kits etc together.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

my mates old EF, had 146rwkw, which is roughly 200-210 fwkw, through an automatic transmission.

Now my car is the same spec as his old one, a HP4 chiptorque chip,interceptor ECU, wade 1004-14 cam, extractors, 2.5" exhaust and cold air intake.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2